It's Official

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Boogan1, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Blue Springs, MO
    Went to the classic yesterdayand got my deer scored (the one in my avatar). Official score is 141 1/8. I was pretty happy with that, entered it into the Archery Big Bucks of Missouri and Pope and Young. It also qualifies for Missouri Big Bucks. I was kind of disappointed in the fact that they didn't have any system as to the order they were scoring racks. Why bother to number them if they are going to be randomly placed on tables or hung on the wall? Was great to meet everyone at the MWT booth. Got home yesterday evening and decided at the last minute to go to the Higginsville DU banquet. When it came time to buy the tickets for the pick of the auction raffle I asked my wife how many we should buy, they were 3 for $20. She said I am feeling lucky so just buy three. Well, guess who won!!! We came home last nite with a very nice Beretta white onyx 686 O/U DU dinner gun. What an awesome way to top off a great day! Boog
  2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

when your hot your hot

It was good meetin ya at the show. I'd be happy with that score too.(and the gun)

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Sounds awesome.. sure would love to see a pic of that there gun :cheers:
  4. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Blue Springs, MO
    Here are a couple of pics of the shotgun. Boog

5. grunter73

grunter73 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Lincoln County
    Wow- what an awesome gun.
    Congrats Boogan.
    One thing about it you didn't have to pay to get your deer scored, at wentzville it was $15 a deer. I don't think I'll ever go back to the Wentzville one after seeing Columbia.:eek:
  6. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    Too bad you didn't stop and buy a lottery ticket, you were on a roll!:)

Congrats on all!

7. I was thinkin' the same thing. Congrats on the gun boog :cheers:
  8. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Nice job Boogan, ya lucky son of .....a...
  9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    One lucky guy for sure. I don't know if I could actually shoot that gun at's too good looking. I have pointed one of those babys and they are real sweet. Perfect fit for me. In case you don't like it that would be the perfect gift for my birthday in May. (hint hint)
  10. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Blue Springs, MO
    Thanks guys, even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while! lol! Believe me, it was all the Mrs. I wouldn't even touch the ticket. You could sell 100 tickets to a raffle and I could buy 99 of them and not win. I am very unlucky at drawings.
    That is a very pretty gun, we haven't decided what we are going to do with it yet. Thanks guys! Boog
  11. I'd double what you've got invested in the raffle tickets back for it ;). That'd be a 100% profit for you, can't go wrong there ;).
  12. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Sounds like you made out real well boog!
  13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I'd be real happy with that deer also.. nice one!

gonna sell that o/u Boog??
  14. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    NICE...on both accounts! :banana:
  15. clansey

clansey New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Bozeman, MT
  16. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    sounds like a great day
  17. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Very sweet gun boogan... if ya cant figure out what to do with it, ill gladly take it off yer hands for ya :cheers:
  18. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    nice gun and deer,i'm with you on getting the deer scored if they number it when you come in thats the way they should score them.not having some scorer stand back till a real big one comes in and run over and grab it.just not right.
  19. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    wow congrads on both the deer and the gun

oh and my advice in what to do with it..............go hunting man go hunting;)