Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the classic yesterdayand got my deer scored (the one in my avatar). Official score is 141 1/8. I was pretty happy with that, entered it into the Archery Big Bucks of Missouri and Pope and Young. It also qualifies for Missouri Big Bucks. I was kind of disappointed in the fact that they didn't have any system as to the order they were scoring racks. Why bother to number them if they are going to be randomly placed on tables or hung on the wall? Was great to meet everyone at the MWT booth. Got home yesterday evening and decided at the last minute to go to the Higginsville DU banquet. When it came time to buy the tickets for the pick of the auction raffle I asked my wife how many we should buy, they were 3 for $20. She said I am feeling lucky so just buy three. Well, guess who won!!! We came home last nite with a very nice Beretta white onyx 686 O/U DU dinner gun. What an awesome way to top off a great day! Boog

·
Banned
81,617 Posts
when your hot your hot

It was good meetin ya at the show. I'd be happy with that score too.(and the gun)

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Wow- what an awesome gun.
Congrats Boogan.
One thing about it you didn't have to pay to get your deer scored, at wentzville it was $15 a deer. I don't think I'll ever go back to the Wentzville one after seeing Columbia.:eek:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Originally posted by leaker19
Too bad you didn't stop and buy a lottery ticket, you were on a roll!:)

Congrats on all!

Leaker
I was thinkin' the same thing. Congrats on the gun boog :cheers:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Nice job Boogan, ya lucky son of .....a...

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
One lucky guy for sure. I don't know if I could actually shoot that gun at ducks.....it's too good looking. I have pointed one of those babys and they are real sweet. Perfect fit for me. In case you don't like it that would be the perfect gift for my birthday in May. (hint hint)

·
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while! lol! Believe me, it was all the Mrs. I wouldn't even touch the ticket. You could sell 100 tickets to a raffle and I could buy 99 of them and not win. I am very unlucky at drawings.
That is a very pretty gun, we haven't decided what we are going to do with it yet. Thanks guys! Boog

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Sounds like you made out real well boog!
Congrats!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
I'd be real happy with that deer also.. nice one!

gonna sell that o/u Boog??

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
nice gun and deer,i'm with you on getting the deer scored if they number it when you come in thats the way they should score them.not having some scorer stand back till a real big one comes in and run over and grab it.just not right.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
wow congrads on both the deer and the gun

oh and my advice in what to do with it..............go hunting man go hunting;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.