Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yesss... I will be on a guided snow goose hunt all weekend down near Dexter, MO!

I'm going to miss the Mardi Gras activities, but this was an opportunity I could not pass up!

So, NEU OUTDOORS, get ready for the some of the WHC! We're coming...

:cheers::superman::2thumbsup::grouphug::banana-man-yeah::trophy::quackquack::D:wave::eek:::):kewlpics::shrug:

Yes, I'm excited.

·
2,644 Posts
Killin decoying snows is alot more fun than Mardi Gras in STL. Women will always be around Lefty, but you gotta get the snows whenever you can:cheers:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree (mostly) Denny! Sounds like we may be hitting it on a great weekend though!

Should be a great time, I CAN'T WAIT! :cheers::wave:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
[rquote=1588138&tid=110219&author=goosekilla]Killin decoying snows is alot more fun than Mardi Gras in STL. Women will always be around Lefty, but you gotta get the snows whenever you can:cheers:[/rquote]

I could go both ways on this one........ although since I'm single, it's Mardi Gras for this goose watcher! I'll save the serious snow goose hunting for when I'm married!!!

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
[rquote=1588669&tid=110219&author=Original Al]Mardi gras is only one day a year, you can chase snows for months on end.

[/rquote]

true, very true

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i hear it is suppose to snow alot,maybe the biggest snow of the season:mad2:

·
2,644 Posts
Mardi Gras in STL sucks!!! Once you have been to the real one the STL one is no comparison.

I would rather watch a flock of 4000 snows decoying than a bunch of drunk stumbling idiots tryin to get girls to flash and they get a ticket if they do flash. I love women just as much as anybody so, no comments about that please:D.

Just sayin

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only managed a couple pics all weekend for whatever reason...

The weekend was a bit slow killing wise and has been down there for whatever reason, but it was a fun weekend none the less.

Here's a pic of a small portion of the spread we hunted Sunday. I thought those dead bird cradles were a pretty neat thing, and something we may put together for duck season!

[file]96192[/file]

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One more decent pic... This is Pat (right) and me (left) with some of the birds we managed to knock out of the air on Sunday!

We luckily got out of there early on Sunday before the bad weather came in (for a very aggravating reason that I will make another post about), but lucky for us most of our killing was done done in the first half of the day!

[file]96194[/file]

We killed all of the Snow sub-species on Sunday!

Thanks again John Neu and the people in his outfitting service!
(And to the Conservation Agent(s), and the US Marshal that came out and checked our tags and shells just a little bit over an hour before the end of shooting time... cough... cough... You're lucky this is a "G-Rated" web site!)

:grouphug:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeahhhhh... never really found out why she was out there with the green jeans, but she was.

She didn't look too happy about being there either! She was one COLD little lady...

:soapbox:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
don't think they would mess with ya for killin rocks out of season. just sayin:D

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was very weird to see the Marshal... but like I said, she didn't seem very happy to be there!

Still p.o.'ed about them ruining our hunt, but that's their "job" I guess.
It wouldn't have killed them to wait 1 hour until shooting time was done and we went to our trucks!
I mean come on, the one had been glassing us all flippin' day long waiting for us to mess up!

Hope you all got stuck in the mud Mr. Green Jeans! :wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.