Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So far this year there have been NINE 1.5-2.5 year old bucks shot on the three properties (140-180 acres each) we hunt by family and a few others who have permission to hunt. Lordy they sure are hard on em! If anybody hunts next to any of those places, I apologize for my crew being the neighbor that shoots all the up and comers. They be hard on them! :ROFLMAO:

·
Lunch break commander
8,762 Posts
Product Sleeve Font Deer Horn

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
74,367 Posts
Can't eat the horns they say.... My dogs disagree, but they aren't very tender. :D

Reactions: seth_turner_04

·
Super Moderator
27,731 Posts
that is definitely their prerogative, but yes it would suck to be the neighbors as far as deer hunting goes. But that is how it seems most deer hunters work so, not much you can do other than we can maybe appoint CamoNinja and a Deer Hunting Commissioner to try and educate camps like Seth's all over the sate!

·
Registered
13,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is definitely their prerogative, but yes it would suck to be the neighbors as far as deer hunting goes. But that is how it seems most deer hunters work so, not much you can do other than we can maybe appoint CamoNinja and a Deer Hunting Commissioner to try and educate camps like Seth's all over the sate!
If camo could come convince my crew to lay off those young bucks, I'd buy him a few beers and try my best to round him up a couple nice sows to have a good time with from the local watering holes.

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
If you have no rules there is not much to complain about. Folks can shoot what they want.

Reactions: fishshooter

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
Be thankful 20... without "camps like seths" us monster buck killers wouldnt have people to complain about. :) :)

I get complaining about how your own hunt goes. I dont get complaining about how others hunt.

The solution is simple... just force beam length and spread restrictions on bucks. Those lazy dink killers will fall right in line! kidding.. that would be a disaster in MO.

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
I’m in the exact same boat at my deer camp they kill everything and I cannot tell the coowner any different. The neighbors will shoot them if he doesn’t. Dumbest line ever.
Thats an excuse to justify shooting whatever you want. Same thing happens with archery hunters killing dinks the week before the orange army gets em.

It would be much easier (and honest) to just say you are going to hunt the way you want and thats it.

Weekend warriors want to talk about the deer they killed during rifle season... not the ones they passed. Fair weather and trophy buck hunting are opposable terms a lot of times.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
My God how many people do you have hunting on 400-450ish acres to even kill 9 of any kind of deer. That would be as big a problem as anything.
Are the properties adjoining or miles apart? Adjoining would have more of a negative impact IMO.

·
Super Moderator
27,731 Posts
Be thankful 20... without "camps like seths" us monster buck killers wouldnt have people to complain about. :) :)

I get complaining about how your own hunt goes. I dont get complaining about how others hunt.

The solution is simple... just force beam length and spread restrictions on bucks. Those lazy dink killers will fall right in line! kidding.. that would be a disaster in MO.
I agree with people shooting what they want.

·
Land buying addiction
13,930 Posts
My God how many people do you have hunting on 400-450ish acres to even kill 9 of any kind of deer. That would be as big a problem as anything.
Are the properties adjoining or miles apart? Adjoining would have more of a negative impact IMO.
We have shot 6 deer off my 88 acres and Saturday night saw at least 15 we need to kill a bunch more does this year. We have no big bucks because they kill all the small ones but plenty of does to go around.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts