It's a HOT one in Howard county tonight

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by Big Time Hunter, May 21, 2009.

1. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Reminds me of the one In Centralia back in the late 80's:whiteflag:

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Your been out driving that farm truck again BTH? :peepwall::hysterical:

3. Dutch

Dutch Senior Member Team 19

Nov 28, 2003
    Huntsville.Mo
    thats like the one in boone county about 10 years ago.... 200 ft flames we were watching it from work.... hope noone was hurt

4. [rquote=1269980&tid=88946&author=MoBowman]Your been out driving that farm truck again BTH? :peepwall::hysterical:[/rquote]

Ya never know!!!:roll2:

BTH

5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    As long as it wasn't in north western Morgan County...(my place)

6. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    [rquote=1269997&tid=88946&author=Mailman]As long as it wasn't in north western Morgan County...(my place)[/rquote]

Fire don't scare them deer in Morgan County. Killed my biggest deer ever on a 600 acre piece of property someone had set fire to just days before. ;)

7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

A buddy of mine called me from 10 miles west of Marshall, that could see the glow!!!

8. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Yeah it was quite the fire, I have friends up in Excello that could see the blaze from the there as well.

9. Whitmore44

Whitmore44 Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    O'fallon, mo
    Depending where it was on 427 it was only a couple miles from my place!

10. [rquote=1270463&tid=88946&author=Whitmore44]Depending where it was on 427 it was only a couple miles from my place! [/rquote]

It wasn't too far from you Whit. I could see it all from my place. The Howard County Sherrif is my Wife's Uncle. Said it sounded like a jet airliner when it was burning.

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

[rquote=1270708&tid=88946&author=DForbis][rquote=1270463&tid=88946&author=Whitmore44]Depending where it was on 427 it was only a couple miles from my place! [/rquote]

It wasn't too far from you Whit. I could see it all from my place. The Howard County Sherrif is my Wife's Uncle. Said it sounded like a jet airliner when it was burning. [/rquote]

I'd bet it did!!! I heard a 24" line... Only way to put it out is to shut it off upstream,and let it burn out!!! :drunk::rock::drunk:

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    How far from the manor you reckon fireman?