It felt like I was in Africa

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by MoBowman, Nov 14, 2010.

1. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Was bowhunting the Swope Park city hunt the last couple of days and I could of sworn that I was in Africa. My stand was just aobut 30 yards off the back part of the Kansas City Zoo, and the monkeys and Chimps were raising cane. That wasn't so bad though, but when those Lions started roaring that was a bit unnerving. I couldn't help but keep looking over my shoulder wondering if that wall was tall enough :eek::hysterical: Oh well so far so good with one doe down and they still haven't found the whole in the fence :peepwall: :hysterical:

2. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

:rof2::rof2:

Make sure that fence stays a fence rather than a gate:whistle:

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Swope Park, lions, tigers and bears oh my! I've been to Swope Park, you are right, just like Africa. Those lions roar can make you just about crap ur pants!

4. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    I almost thought you were talking about..... well never mind. You seeing any big deer in there?

5. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Ima leavin this one alone :rof2:

6. luckystrike63

luckystrike63 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Yep, Swope Park...just like Africa.

7. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    At one point I stood up with my bino's to check the chimps out. Several were up in a tree checking the monkey out on the other side of the wall looking at them (keep it clean guys). Was really a strange feeling :hysterical:

And yes there are some BIG deer in there. The doe I took is every bit as big as any doe in North Mo. :2thumbsup:

8. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
  9. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    I thouhgt you were going to say you were sorounded by ATL- hunters.

10. keithk

keithk New Member

Feb 11, 2004
  11. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    I don't know how many people have actually heard a real Lion. But in the dark at 6:00 am. it will send a chill up your back. He sounds so huge :eek:

12. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    IN the dark all animal sounds sound threattening and put the hairs on the back of my neck up.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    The monkey looking at the monkey, wonder if they thought each other was a mirror?:D I scrubbed it up a bit. I'm working very hard to keep it clean, I really am, my tongue is bleeding from all the bite marks!

14. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Sounds like a unique hunt! :cheers:

15. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    thats different:rof2:

16. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Probably a good thing I didn't put in for Swope Park as I'd be sitting there trying to connive a way to shoot one of those zoo animals. :rof2:

17. Jeet

Jeet New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    That's what I'm sayin. "I swear officer,, I thought that lion was coming right for me":D.....do I get to keep the cape, or meet?