Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know some people who want to book a trip to south dakota and do some pheasant huntin, but shoot if theres some ranches out here that has pheasant i rather hunt in mo. save some gas money!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Most all the game farms are pen raised birds....you can hunt wild pheasants north of I 70 if I'm not mistaken, but you'll have to go north to get into any number of birds....

And pen raised or wild, it would be fair chase....never heard of em bein fenced in...hehehe

·
Registered
70,333 Posts
Just click on the little house in the upper right corner of this page and it will take you back to MWT home page. Then click on Missouri Outfitters. There are a few on this list. I have hunted at Brush Creek Hunting Preserve for the past 6 years now. He has pheasants, quail, chukar and even goose and duck hunting. Also a sporting clays course. Todd Hulver is the owner and is also the president of Quail Unlimited of Lafayette county. Really a nice guy and has some pretty challenging birds. It is in Mayview Missouri just a few miles north of the race track at I-70 at the #41 exit. I usually go there at least a couple of times a year for birds and try to get to all of the sporting clay shoots he has once a month on Sunday. Tell him I sent you.

·
just a no body
15,495 Posts
If your goimng to an outfitter..even in SD.. be sure that they are not "pen raised".. I looked myself one time & on a SD brd hunt website they charged by the bird which indicated to me that they were farm raised

·
Registered
70,333 Posts
You will find that there are a lot of hunts up north that are on private land that they stock pen birds along with the wild ones already there. Keeps people coming back if they can limit out everyday.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i went on a pheasant hunt in california and they had pen raised. tails cut off. they trough them in a bag swung it over there heads for a few minutes out in a field, they we come walking through the feild with a few dogs. i had no idea it was going to be like that. i got my limit quicj then got the heck outa there. it said pen raised but its messed up how they do that. thats why i asked for wild birds. i gotta play fair!
thats for the info! ill look it up and tell it to the guys. thanks again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey don't forget Heggemeir. Doesn't he help alot with the hunters with disabilities hunts? I think they spin the birds to make them dizzy so they don't fly off while placing in the fields. You give those birds 30 to 40 minutes before hunting them and I bet they are up and running.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I've been to Mosers in New Franklin several times.....Always had a great time and they have always had great flyin birds also....

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
How much do these hunts usually cost. I have always wanted to shoot some pheasants, but have never went. Do they provide dogs and if so do they cost extra? I think it is so much per pheasant they release, but since there are more birds running around that haven't been shot can you shoot those also or can you only shoot the amount you pay for.
I've ate pheasant 1 time and WOW was it tasty.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
How much do these hunts usually cost. I have always wanted to shoot some pheasants, but have never went. Do they provide dogs and if so do they cost extra? I think it is so much per pheasant they release, but since there are more birds running around that haven't been shot can you shoot those also or can you only shoot the amount you pay for.
I've ate pheasant 1 time and WOW was it tasty.
Yes I must say that you have all peaked my interest now as well.

Wrap a pheasant breast in bacon and slap that puppy on the grill!!! Wooooeeee thats good eating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.