Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had ZERO luck with the old smoking pole...have not seen one deer yet (they were there a few weeks ago). I know to hunt fields/food but is anyone using deer calls or scents? If so what type of calling do you do at this point in the year? Someone told me to put out food scents as well. At this point I have not tried anything but I am on vacation the entire ML season and am getting frustrated :mad2:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I'm not doing much calling at all but i am seeing deer in the fields. I had 12 does and fawns in the plots yesterday by 3 pm and seen a 3 pt breed a doe. I tried some grunting while the little buck was out there messing with the doe hoping a bigger buck might be in the woods but nothing responded.

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
I've been seeing tons of deer every night...the does will respond to bleating but I've had no response from bucks on grunting or bleating...in fact they are flat out ignoring me.

·
Grrrrrrr
30,041 Posts
I keep my call handy during late season, but only use it if I see a buck out of range that I want to get closer. Effectiveness has varied, I've had it work but I've had em ignore it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.