Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Thats a good question. I haven't been looking yet. I did get cams out last weekend.

8,854 Posts
Saw a hen with 9 poults yesterday. Right next to our place. made me feel warm inside knowing the sacrifice that was made by taking the poor coyotes that frequent the area and several furbearers.

· Registered
6,911 Posts
This year we are facing what would be described as bad weather everywhere.The north east region where my farm is has seen great weather the last three years but the racoon population density has finally gotten so high that few eggs are hatched and as such every year there are fewer hens left to try and hatch a egg.The first floods in 4 years . At least my farm will have a better chance because the racoon was beaten back the last 2 years and my farms production ran circles around the region. So far i have seen lone hens without a sighting of chicks but when i had zero production the 2 years before killing tons of egg suckers the old maid hens ran in groups without any chicks.It appears the quail have done pretty well here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.