Is it me, or...

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by buckbuster, Oct 29, 2010.

1. buckbuster

buckbuster Active Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toas, Mo
    has it been really slow this year??? Not just my season, but everybody I have talked to have said the same thing. Even on MWT we are not having buck picture, after buck picture posted everyday. Did we get hit that hard by blue tounge?
    brad

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Acorns, warm weather, full moons, clear skies. Lots of noctournal movement.

We just havent had those overcast, front comming in, drizzly days that gets them up and moving.

3. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    No time here,cant even find enough time to get work done.:mad2:however I have been seein deer on the way to work the last few days.

4. Jeet

Jeet New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I agree. It's gotta be the moon, heat, wind and huge crop of acorns.:whinging:

5. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Yep been slow all over, but I would bet the next week we are going to start seeing LOTS of buck pics:cheers:

6. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I haven't really hunted that hard up until now. I've had 14 deer within range in the past week. I've yet to get a shot though due to last second ordeals that deer had in mind.

My dad hasn't hunted as hard either. Part of the reason also is that our county has the doe season this year and we just aren't in near as big of a hurry to pop does. I'm hoping atleast one of us get's a nice buck in the next two weeks though.

7. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    It has been my most exciting season ever! I have hunted two new places and have had more buck action this season already than the past 20 years of my hunting life combined. :shrug:

8. Labs40

Labs40 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Wentzville,Mo
    The few times I've been out only seen a few does. Usually see more by now. Hopefully that changes starting this weekend.

9. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

I would say it has to do with the influx of the cougar.

10. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    [rquote=1869430&tid=130125&author=racks-n-beards]I would say it has to do with the influx of the cougar.[/rquote]

I'm betting my money on the growling pole cat!

11. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

[rquote=1869440&tid=130125&author=seth_turner_04][rquote=1869430&tid=130125&author=racks-n-beards]I would say it has to do with the influx of the cougar.[/rquote]

I'm betting my money on the growling pole cat![/rquote]

They keep the smiling rob moving.