Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
5,709 Posts
[rquote=1545797&tid=107622&author=Montauklunkerhunter]Then how would ya hunt theM? I saw on a video today they were spotlighting them.
[/rquote]
I to saw a program on spot lighting coyotes but it was in Texas

·
Registered
992 Posts
Other states allow it. Unfortunately, ours does not. You cannot use artificial light at night, or electronic calls. Night hunting in MO works best if there is a full moon and snow, otherwise it's difficult.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1545804&tid=107622&author=TimberlandTaxidermy]Other states allow it. Unfortunately, ours does not. You cannot use artificial light at night, or electronic calls. Night hunting in MO works best if there is a full moon and snow, otherwise it's difficult. [/rquote]

even during the summer? the spotlighting (not the snow)

·
I love work. I can watch it all day.
1,811 Posts
MLH - "officer I was spotting for 'yotes not that 180" buck that uses this field" :stirpot:

The law is just for keeping honest hunters honest:pop:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[rquote=1545823&tid=107622&author=fish]MLH - "officer I was spotting for 'yotes not that 180" buck that uses this field" :stirpot:

The law is just for keeping honest hunters honest:pop:[/rquote]

Thats just the way it is. You know why coyote season even closes? "Officer I wasnt hunting turkeys, i was wearing all camo to try to call in coyotes. Sure my tags are full but i wasnt hunting them."

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
I know guys that hunt yotes when there is a full moon and snow on the ground. Really light outside and they always have alot of luck

·
Former Chicken Man
20,332 Posts
[rquote=1547556&tid=107622&author=bigjohn]Timberland Taxi man your wrong about use of electronic call.In Missouri it is legal but you still can't use lights.[/rquote]

He's not wrong. You can't use electronic calls at night. During the day they're legal, but not at night.

EDIT - I just went and looked it up, and apparently they've changed it. It used to be illegal to use electronic calls at night. Oops, I was wrong.

(L) Electronic Calls. Electronic calls may
be used to pursue and take crows and furbearers,
but without the aid of an artificial light or
night vision equipment. Electronic calls or
electronically activated calls may not be used
or possessed while hunting other species of
wildlife except as specifically authorized.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/adrules/csr/current/3csr/3c10-7.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
I realize this is a pretty old thread, but over the past few months my hunting buddies and I have gotten into predator hunting. The weekend we have a trip planed to go to the rolla area to hunt on a friends farm, which is apparently overrun with coyotes. We all have pretty good camo and use scent Lok gear. I have an electronic fox pro call. We've gone on about 3 early morning 5-9am sits so far with no luck the only thing we have managed to call in is a bunch of crows. I'm hoping this weekend will prove a bit more exciting. I was planning on going out at night o see if we would have any better luck, any suggestions on timing of calls to use? I've read over the regulations pretty heavily and from what I can tell It's legal to hunt at night but we can't use lights? the code is a little open to interpretation The first part is pretty clear it says no lights unless one is treed, but the last part of this is unclear.. If your the land owner or presumably with the land owner the rule does not apply? any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

(5) Wildlife, except raccoons or other
furbearing animals when treed with the aid of
dogs, may not be searched for, spotlighted,
located, harassed, or disturbed in any manner
with the aid of an artificial light, headlight,
or spotlight from any roadway, whether pub-
lic or private, or in any field, woodland, or
forest, by any person acting either singly or
as one of a group of persons. This section
shall not apply to the use of a light by a
landowner or lessee as defined by this Code
on property under his/her control.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
I've hunted a few times under a full moon while in my ladder stand in an open field,with good glass/scope and a steady rest it's possible to see and make out a Predator/Coyote if You know your area well...I didn't get a shot because the Coyotes were moving about and too high up the hill side for a safe ethical shot.

I also got to Hunt a few nights during Snow and a Full Moon but nothing was moving those times,hopefully we will get a few good snows this Winter and I plan on going out again!

What I can't understand about these silly regulations/Laws is we aren't allowed to use Night Vision scopes either which don't cast light out but BassPro and Cabelas advertise them here in Missouri as well as many different night hunting lights? :shrug:

We just Hunt Coyotes in the early mornings or late evenings and have done well....as in Deer Hunting they seem to move the most in the mornings and at closer to last legal shooting light.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.