Is it going to get to warm to let one hang?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by HuntinNut, Nov 13, 2010.

1. HuntinNut

HuntinNut Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Lebanon
    Ive got one hanging now and would like to let it hang a few days, but its gonna get in the 50'S tomorrow so I dont know if I should come home mid morning and quarter it. What do you guys think??

2. Haroldwannabe

Haroldwannabe New Member

Nov 13, 2010

3. RRMan

RRMan Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Savannah MO
    I am hanging mine through the night

4. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    With as cool as it is going to get tonight it will be nice and child to be bale ot hang it in the shade ofr a few days. Key point dont let it be hanging in the sun.

Just prop the cavity open tonight so it can get all good and coold down fast and the ohter exsposed meet get that dry film on it. Then you good to go for a few days with curent temps.

5. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Kept in the shade in the lower 50's would be ok :2thumbsup:

6. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1895020&tid=132026&author=MoBowman]Kept in the shade in the lower 50's would be ok :2thumbsup:[/rquote]:2thumbsup:

7. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

[rquote=1895020&tid=132026&author=MoBowman]
    Kept in the shade in the lower 50's would be ok :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

For a few hours, let it hang above 45 and you risk dyin from e-coli, IMHO [file]148012[/file]

8. You want to know the best way to spoil meat? Let it warm up, then cool down, then warm up and cool down. Hanging at a constant temperature in a walk in is the only way I would age one. But by all means, let it hang and chance it. :cheers: