Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess Iowa's first shotgun season starts this saturday....Anyone have a tag?????? Me bro in law and his buddy are going up friday....Leon/Lamoni area. :cheers::wave::pop:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[rquote=1493857&tid=104325&author=DForbis]My family will be at it (Residents), I am not joining them until the second season. :wave:[/rquote]

What part of the State?:wave:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am originally from Mt. Ayr which is about 25 miles away. Here is a picture of a buck my brothers friend Steve killed last year on Oct 31st in Lamoni. It was #2 archery kill in iowa last year.

[file]82069[/file]

·
11,357 Posts
They are in Jefferson County. It is the Southeast part of the state. The peck buck that was killed by a girl last year and featured in N. American whitetail magazine was killed about 1.5- 2 miles from where we hunt.

I also have been told that a new archery record may have been harvested this year. It is said to go 276" and was harvested in another county but by a neighbor of some of the guys that hunt the second season with us. Hopefully I will get pics of it when I am up there:cheers:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I'd be down for a Iowa Rabbit hunt. Anyone anyone cause I'll go if you want to.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know right where Mt. Ayr is!! Outstanding buck, arrow flinger!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
for what. out of state small game. how much could that be?

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
i tried to look it up. i couldn't find it. I've heard of people killing 100 rabbits in a day in iowa. I think it would be worth the money

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, would not be a cheap rabbit hunt.....But, if you went back several times, for both rabbit and pheasant, it wouldn't be too bad. Not sure if you need a hunting license AND small game permit AND habitat card???:wave:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1493899&tid=104325&author=JustBob]isnt iowa shotgun season a drawing for out of state folks??[/rquote]

Yes, it is.:wave:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I'd still go cause I think it would be worth it.

·
11,357 Posts
I know one must have the hunting license, I don't see any kind of small game license. Habitat fee is 11.50. I usually try to get up there for a pheasant hunt or two after deer hunting:cheers:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
[rquote=1493906&tid=104325&author=DForbis]I know one must have the hunting license, I don't see any kind of small game license. Habitat fee is 11.50. I usually try to get up there for a pheasant hunt or two after deer hunting:cheers:[/rquote]

lets drop some rabbit dogs and pound some ground in iowa

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.