Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy at work invited me to hunt his farm in doe season. Actually my load planner/manager (I’m a trucker). I have never hunted a private piece of ground and I am super pumped. A nice place, lot of deer stands. Now I already feel a debt I owe him, I plan to ask if I can bring my daughter to shoot a doe instead. But anyway what should I bring him? He’s a fisherman and obviously a deer hunter. I am not showing up empty handed, what would you bring out for a gift when invited to hunt a farm.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
There is a fellow from this forum who has been bringing his youtes up to hunt the late season on my place for 8 to 10 years. He always gives me a gift card for a local restaurant, very thoughtful and my wife and I greatly appreciate it. I never expect or want anything but it is very nice of him to bring us a gift we both can use.

·
Registered
31,735 Posts
Personally I would make sure he drinks before gifting him a bottle. Some folks keep demons corked up in them bottles.
If he drinks that is a great choice, if not maybe a dessert?

·
14,096 Posts
I second the gift card, so his wife will be able to use it, whether to a resturant in the area or a grocery store etc...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Lots of ideas, unless you know the booze can be a bad idea. A nice country cured ham. Restaurant gift card. He fishes, bass pro card. A decent (not hickory farms) sausage and cheese and snacks basket. Telling him and following thru you'll help work plots or whatever next summer.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Think he will have an aversion to you asking to bring someone else?
He has lots of stands already set, the more the merrier I say.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
When I stay in my former bosses cabin I try to bring him a big thick prime ribeye steak. Everyone loves a good steak dinner after a day of hunting. Buying gifts for a guy like him is tough so I feel providing a nice meal is my best option. He doesn’t drink or keep any alcohol around so that is out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
All these suggestions are good. Playing on what boot heel said, offering to bring everything for a nice dinner would be good of you. A friend at work took me to his lease this year. I paid for the hotel and bought him breakfast on the way up. His wife packed food for both of us for the other meals which was awesome.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts