Introduction

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by bombtech, Nov 7, 2010.

1. bombtech

bombtech Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Knob Noster, MO
    I am properly introducing myself...

:wave: I just moved to Knob Noster, MO. from Florida. I am in the Air Force. Love anything outdoors, especially hunting. I look forward to learning from all of you, and sharing what i can with the community. I could really use some info on finding some private land to hunt. Public land is a little crowded from what i hear (up for interpretation...i know each opinion is just that...an opinion). I do like to be able to scout and prep the land i hunt and that is difficult with public land. I am primarily a gun hunter, but learning the stick and string methods. I will get alot more time in the woods with the bow. I have never downed a "monster buck" ... but hope to change that soon.

2. 160983

160983 Guest

Welcome and thanks for your service!:cheers:

3. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    Welcome to the site...we rock:cheers:

4. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    welcome and good luck, how far are you willing to travel..2, 4,6 hours???

5. MTD

MTD Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Eureka
    Welcome....:wave:

6. bombtech

bombtech Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Knob Noster, MO
    I wouldnt mind traveling a few hours...depending on amount of land and oppurtunity for deer. No more than 1 or so if it is a one day thing, but if i had a place to put a camper overnight then that could stretch out to 4 or 5 hrs drive.

7. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    welcome to the sight and as said before thanks for servin and you deserve a monster with,all the work and sacrafic you put into servin this great country

8. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    Ever hunt waterfowl?

9. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    You are in top notch waterfowling territory. from a couple of hours north of ya to a couple of hours south of your present location... Private land maybe a tough find at this time... But your uniform may work wonders...

10. bombtech

bombtech Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Knob Noster, MO
    thanks for the support for the military... its good to see that these days

Skduckhunt: No i have never had the privilege of hunting waterfowl. I have been told by a few people that i need to get into it..so who knows.

11. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

BT, sk just likes men in uniform? What city do you livve in?

12. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1885279&tid=131222&author=SNA2STL]BT, sk just likes men in uniform? What city do you livve in?[/rquote]

Knob Noster, MO....from his original post :cheers::wave:

200 miles west of us

13. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

I read that, it's a real place? Like Gobblers Knob?

14. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    yep, real place. between Columbia and KC off hwy 70 :cheers:

15. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Welcome!! Some Great people here on MWT! Guess I'm the resident joker, LOL!! I'm the one who posts and few respond:D musta been dropped on my head one too many times.:rof2::rof2::rof2:
    :welcome:

16. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    [rquote=1885279&tid=131222&author=SNA2STL]BT, sk just likes men in uniform? What city do you livve in?[/rquote]

Nicholas, What did I do to you to get that type of Response???

17. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Knob Noster!! Yeah, as in Whiteman AFB?!? Maybe you've heard of that?! Thanks for your service man. I'm also stationed at Whiteman, only as a Reservist! One thing about Knob is that it sits right in the middle of a ton of farmland, so your chances to find something private should be a possibility. You could always go door to door or you could maybe make a post on Craigslist. I've seen lots of guys do that too. Would probably grab more attention if you're willing to swap a little work for some rights to access?!?

Welcome, MoFire

18. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

[rquote=1885780&tid=131222&author=Skduckhunt][rquote=1885279&tid=131222&author=SNA2STL]BT, sk just likes men in uniform? What city do you livve in?[/rquote]

Nicholas, What did I do to you to get that type of Response???[/rquote]

Uhhh, uhhh, Just kidding!

:scared:

19. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
    Welcome! Thanks for your service from here as well!

20. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    thanks for ur services and welcome to MWT. the uni will work wonders, i have seen them in action.