Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided since the rain had let up, I was going hunting. About 2 miles from town, I got worried, cause the creek I crossed was out of it's banks. Decided to take a different route than normal cause I believed the roads were birmed higher along Bear creek than the route I normally take. :eek:Water over the gravel road. I really, really don't like driving through water over the road. But I went ahead & went anyhow. About 12-15" deep, not real bad. Got closer to the bridge & there was more water over the road, then more after the bridge, & then more again. Ended up driving through water 4 times in a short stretch. Luckily, the first spot was the worst. Got to the farm & my creek was way out of banks. Water running through a big part of my 5 acre corn plot, but nothing in the first field beans.:eek::

Had a good hunt, but nothing in bow range. Still seen at least 9 deer. Lost count. 2 bucks that weren't bad, one better than the other.

On the way home, water still over the road & my butt hole is puckered driving through it in the dark. But on the way out, it was only over the road in 3 places, so it was receeding.

Called momma before I got to the water & told her if she didn't hear from me in 15-20 minutes, to send help.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Glad things worked out ok, driving through flood waters is not the the thing to be doing especially after dark.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Bronco Brian
Glad things worked out ok, driving through flood waters is not the the thing to be doing especially after dark.
Sure don't make it a practice. Longest stretch was less than 100' & was not fast moving water, otherwise I would have for sure backed out & cancelled the hunt.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Not passing judgement Randy, just stating a fact and am glad things turned out well, I have done it myself and then thought later that it wasnt a great decison:cheers:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Glad ya got a hunt in. The creek on my place was out today too and the only ground on the house side is cool season grass hayfields. I sure was wanting to hunt this evening but it just wasn't worth trying to cross.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
not a real smart move there bud:)water kills i hope you were at least wearing your sealt belt:scared:

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
The things ya do in pursuit of a "hobby" or *ahem* obsession....;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts