Interesting MDC / Bass Pro article

Discussion in 'Missouri Outdoor News' started by Tarsal Gland, Aug 25, 2016.

1. trapperBR549

trapperBR549 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2007
    mo
    This happened years ago and he is just now bringing it up? Then he goes on and on about totally unrelated things like golf courses instead of what actually happened.
    Every time I see something from Larry and actually look into it there is a small nugget of truth buried in a pile of bs. If he truly wants to do good things focus on the bits of truth and knock off the bs.

2. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    Well, Ziehmer did just retire... did he really go to work for Morris?

3. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    seems like people are all on different rungs of a ladder, complaining about the people above them, and complaining about the people below them.

4. watermen

watermen Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Rolla
    I respectfully disagree, papers aren't good sources of information for anybody in my experience. Used to work at one called the Detroit Free Press right outta college.

5. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008

Well lets see your information to the contrary then?

I cannot fathom why the MDC would give Johnny Morris money for a $52 million Missouri DNR Project. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I could see Johnny Morris throwing some of his money towards the project to get a part named after him, but what you are saying, just in no way could apply here.

6. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure you've got your projects, state entities, and money streams confused.

I'd be willing to bet this is where the 2.5 million went to that was mentioned in the letter. Especially since MDC and Ziehmer specifically were mentioned at the bottom as a "Participating conservation and wildlife management organization"

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1461894625tzyhyy6rtvx

Attached Files:

7. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Did Johnny own any of the companies that built it? Maybe a general? The locals claim he was the designer which would tie into building or having a company work on it

8. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Still why would MDC give him 2.5 million??

Morris may have had ties to Echo bluff. But any money he got would've came from DNR not MDC. MDC has no dog in this hunt they are 2 entirely separate streams of money.

The money mentioned in this article came from MDC, so Larry is talking about something different than echo bluff.

9. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Also your "locals" with all the knowledge, live in and around Salem, MO....let that sink in a minute.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  10. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    I bet MDC gave them the money for hog hunting rights just to Pisss off oneshot

11. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

That makes more sense than dabblemounts usual veiled accusations of. :D

12. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    This happens frequently...:wave:

13. Ohdeer

Ohdeer Active Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Schwagstock - Camp Zoe. Probably not popular opinion but I feel like the feds did this guy dirty by seizing his land.

14. henry

Usually just with you and Blabbermouth

15. ducksNbucks

ducksNbucks Senior Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Lathrop, MO
    Writer seems like a tool.

16. henry

Its not an illusion.

17. IL MO Hunter

IL MO Hunter Member

May 29, 2012
    Metro East
    Yes. He is now the senior director of conservation and lead director of the Johnny Morris foundation.

18. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    If this happened in any other arena the people defending it would lose their minds....

19. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    As if defense contractors never hire ex military brass. There have been problems, but mostly those are individual actions and not an indication of a systematic problem.

20. Wooddust

Wooddust Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2003
    I read it. Just another Larry rant. He is still pissed MDC didn't give him a job.