Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy was at the ATA show this past week and a broadhead manufacturer sent him home with some broadheads to use for our deer drives.

I am 100% sure many of you will sheet on these, but two that went sent at deer flew straight as can be and were completely devasting for the deer. The 4" cutting channel happens after they enter the deer, have a look at the spine shot and then the exit wound on top of the deer as the deer was well above the shooter. I must say I was skeptical, then impressed! The entry holes were like many other expandable heads, but the exit like no other i have seen.

The blades are STRONG!

The current website is seemingly under whelming, but that will likely change with time. I think I may consider using these next season,
Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Rodent Fur
Leaf Wood Twig Trunk Insect
Hood Wood Auto part Metal Plant
I know we all want that perfect arrow placement, but things happen and 4" cutting channel does not bode well for the quarry.

anyways, I just wanted to share, feel free to chime in.

· Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you straddle a rib bone ?
all i know is our one arrow went through the shoulder and exited the spine area? The youtube video is short and sweet, the blades are strong for sure compared to other expandables i have used. These may be garbage, who knows, but they were absolutely devastating on the two deer they were shot at.

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Big heavy blades....one thin rubber band? What's to keep the rubber band from failing and the two heavy blades open up in mid flight and bouncing off a shoulder or a rib? Using a cardboard box is no proof to convince me this won't fail.

· Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big heavy blades....one thin rubber band? What's to keep the rubber band from failing and the two heavy blades open up in mid flight and bouncing off a shoulder or a rib? Using a cardboard box is no proof to convince me this won't fail.
Did he have the rubberbands on when stabbing the box:) we were shooting gen 1 heads that they have made some improvements on prior to production. Bows shooting over 300 fps need two rubber bands. the RB could dry rot, so you bring up a valid point.

Aren't you currently trying to use a rock (if memory serves me that you chiseled and tied on, but either way) and yet you would question any modern broadhead? rocks did work for the Indians!

I expect a lot of skepticism, i am thinking they maybe loosed a couple thousand arrows during research with these????

5,025 Posts
Look interesting for shure! I'm guessing pretty expensive? I am sold on the 100gr swhackers for now, can't beat the price and get them on ebay for $15 a three pack with practice head, also get great arrow flight with compound and crossbow, deer usually fall over in sight or hear them crash within 20 seconds, but 2 more inch cut does sound interesting

Sent from my SM-A125U using Missouri Hunting mobile app

· Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look interesting for shure! I'm guessing pretty expensive? I am sold on the 100gr swhackers for now, can't beat the price and get them on ebay for $15 a three pack with practice head, also get great arrow flight with compound and crossbow, deer usually fall over in sight or hear them crash within 20 seconds, but 2 more inch cut does sound interesting

Sent from my SM-A125U using Missouri Hunting mobile app
I could be wrong, but be carefull ordering them on ebay, i thought they were coming from china (knock-offs) that all weighed different?

I used swhackers for a while and really loved them!

Not sure I will use these slang blades, but man the 3 results were devasting for marginal shots, I can admit marginal shots happen by me occasionally. I will also admit, they don't jive with my current quiver. I really like the G5s i currently use.

· Former Chicken Man
20,474 Posts
My favorite was a 2-3/4" Vortex, because I always liked a wide cut. I wouldn't trust the rubber band on yours not to slip or fail over time. Maybe the blades should have a half-round groove, and an o-ring that sits in it. I think that would stay in place better, especially in storage.

Looks like they have one guy who likes to take portrait video, and swing the camera back and forth, instead of landscape video which makes it easier to keep everything in frame. That's not a good image to present.

15,013 Posts
There is a mechanical that was at the ATA show, built in magnet in the ferrul holds the blades closed, no retainer or bands to fail

Revolutionary Magnetic Blade Technology holds blades closed until impact, creating massive entry and exit wounds. Sold in a pack of 4.
  • 100 Grains or 125 Grains
  • Cerekoted Blades
  • No O-Rings
  • No Lock Collars
  • No Rubber Bands
  • Flies like a field point
  • Opens Every Time guaranteed
  • Sweep back blade design for max penetration
  • Sharp blades included for the practice head
  • Each package contains 4 broadheads

Reactions: 67Firebird

· Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My favorite was a 2-3/4" Vortex, because I always liked a wide cut. I wouldn't trust the rubber band on yours not to slip or fail over time. Maybe the blades should have a half-round groove, and an o-ring that sits in it. I think that would stay in place better, especially in storage.

Looks like they have one guy who likes to take portrait video, and swing the camera back and forth, instead of landscape video which makes it easier to keep everything in frame. That's not a good image to present.
I think gen two does have a set screw????

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Almost as devastating as a xbow with fieldpoints 😎

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Did he have the rubberbands on when stabbing the box:)

Aren't you currently trying to use a rock (if memory serves me that you chiseled and tied on, but either way) and yet you would question any modern broadhead? rocks did work for the Indians!
Leaving from the bow it "can" open up prior to hitting the targeted cardboard box or the shoulder of a deer. The shooter in the video placed the blades together prior to each stabbing of the cardboard.

As for my "rock" yes I am shooting a traditional selfbow I made from a hickory tree I cut on my property and used a flint "rock" that is "chiseled" to sharpness that can pass through a deer sized animal even at much slower speeds but my arrows weight in at over 600 grains. I doubt those in the video or the ones that were tested weigh close to that but have two or three times the speed especially using a crossbow. I'm not saying they won't work but cut on contact broadheads be them steel or "rock" won't fail during flight unless you hit something on its way to its intended target. :)
Snow Plant Wood Twig Freezing

1 - 20 of 37 Posts