Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking for some unsulated underwear that will keep me warm in 800 below weather. Anybody know anything about this stuff from Cabelas? Only concern I have is would they be noisy?

The high-loft Cabela's Premier Northern Goose Down is guaranteed to loft to 550 cu. in per oz. More loft translates to more dead space for warm air to be trapped in. This trapped air creates a comfortable micro-climate around your body that is impenetrable to outside air. For added warmth retention we added a Therma-stat collar and half-glove, thumb-hole cuffs to the top. The five-snap placket allows you to close up the top for total thermal protection or open it for ventilation when needed.

[file]44943[/file]

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Wonderful stuff and no it is not noisy.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pv, you have some then?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Had a set for a number of years. It is not as bulky as you might think and it is the warmest stuff you will ever wear. Mine became too small sl I gave it to my grandaughter in law last year.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't you hate it when clothes shrink.......

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Originally posted by Bowhunter417
So, I'm looking for some unsulated underwear that will keep me warm in 800 below weather. Anybody know anything about this stuff from Cabelas? Only concern I have is would they be noisy?

The high-loft Cabela's Premier Northern™ Goose Down is guaranteed to loft to 550 cu. in per oz. More loft translates to more dead space for warm air to be trapped in. This trapped air creates a comfortable micro-climate around your body that is impenetrable to outside air. For added warmth retention we added a Therma-stat® collar and half-glove, thumb-hole cuffs to the top. The five-snap placket allows you to close up the top for total thermal protection or open it for ventilation when needed.
how much ?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Don't forget to look at Under Armour Cold Gear if its a similar price range item.

And get those undies in 3XT so I can borrow them when you're not using them......after washing of course...... :D :rof2:

Parker

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Parker
Don't forget to look at Under Armour Cold Gear if its a similar price range item.

And get those undies in 3XT so I can borrow them when you're not using them......after washing of course...... :D :rof2:

Parker
There's a lot of things I'll share, but I'm not sure my undies is one of em..

:stickfight:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by knockemdeadd
49.95 tops, or bottoms....sounds good
That's more than I've ever spent on insulators before, but if they work that well I'd be willing to do it.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Originally posted by Bowhunter417
Originally posted by Parker

Parker
There's a lot of things I'll share, but I'm not sure my undies is one of em..

:stickfight:
:rof2: :rock: Okay....well.....at least I know our boundaries.

Parker

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should have known that might have been crossing the line by now!!

:toilet:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
One word UNDERARMOUR with a fleece layer and your favorite camo and your set.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Under Armour Cold Gear 3.0

There is NO other way to go IMO. :dancin:

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
I let you in on a cheap way to stay really warm in some pretty darn cold weather. Shouldn't run you more than $20. Find your nearest Army Surplus store and pick up a good pair of the old Military pant liners and a jacket liner, a decent set of long johns and your regular camo's and your set. I have used these for many years in very low temps during the late archery season and very rarely get cold. Should be able to get them for $5-10 each and money well spent :2thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts