Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most my life I shot Instinctive and liked it, trained my wife with Compound Bow to use Sights. Very accurate but to me slow.

Does anyone here shoot Compound Instinctive?

I only used 35-40 pound draw and did fine but the Heads you could shave with.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin likes quiet.

· Registered
21,443 Posts
I used to. I thought I was pretty good doing it. I even went to a couple of 3D tournaments using a bare compound back in the day. It only took a few of these tournaments to lose enough arrows that I decided that the people shooting with sight pins had much better results. I added sight pins and my accuracy improved significantly. Imagine that.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
I use a scope on my xbow, it's accurate as a mofo. :D

It was my instinct to move to that method... I like to kill deer. :wave1:

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back when I was shooting I was shooting 2” group at 30 yards using Recurve. Pure Instinctive.

Shot Wood Shafts.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin just grabs it.

· Registered
9,696 Posts
Split vision, as old as Howard Hill and I don't know anyone who ever doubted his ability or method. After watching the video I'm still an instinctive shooter. Much as Byron Ferguson described in "Become the Arrow", like throwing a ball. You don't "aim" or "gap throw", you let your mind calculate where you need to throw the ball while looking at the first baseman or whoever you're throwing it to. Same with the arrow. Eye is on the target, not on the "gap".

Ultimately, a fella has to do what he can hit with. None are wrong or right or better and some are better at it than others. I ain't very good anymore....:(

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Split vision, as old as Howard Hill. After watching the video I'm still an instinctive shooter. Much as Byron Ferguson described, like throwing a ball. You don't "aim" or "gap throw", you let your mind calculate where you need to throw the ball. Same with the arrow. Eye is on the target, not on the "gap".
Same here....stare at a spot...draw back...still staring at the spot...release.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why is it someone ask a simple question and a few have to make it complicated?

I don’t really care just asking. To me Traditional is far smoother drawing I find I don’t like drawing a Compound but that is just me.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin uses a Pea Shooter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.