Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Nice find

· Registered
Fly rod!
4,234 Posts
I have several in my collection. Some call it a round knife, some call it a scraper. Regardless, they are a cool find. We have artifact hunted for 21 years and have only found a few like that, compared to hundreds of other diggers, points, celts, etc.
Congrats on a nice find.

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,987 Posts
Found this while spraying yesterday and thought was spear point. After picking up im thinking must have been used as a knife.
Could be a scraper for hides or a small hatchet or anything else you could imagine using your imagination.....but definitely a sharp instrument Indians used in their day.
It is a bottle opener.
Id say that's a blade or preform. I am leaning toward the latter but that would be one of the nicest preforms I ve seen. Here are some examples of the preforms/small blades I have found. Nice Find btw!
With all of these uses, it was apparently the traditional equivalent of a leatherman :D

· Registered
Fly rod!
4,234 Posts
Funny thing is, scientists as-well-as the rest of us all think we know what items were used for, but stone implements are 600-10000 yrs old.
It is all mostly supposition as none of us talked to the makers of these tools. We could be way off base on some items. Regardless, it is a hand-napped tool used by pre-civilized man and they are all cool finds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.