Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your lifetime how many rounds of ammo have you fired?

Me and a freind was talkin today about the 2 tons of ammo i had delivered for my beltfed and that question came up and it got us pretty upset to think of all the $$$ we have spent on ammo in our life, and im only 33. I shoot an average of 70,000 rnds a year, sometimes more. I can say that cause every shoot i got to i burn 7,000 - 8,000 rnds minimum, then i have those times i just take folks out to let them try full auto and we only burn up 1,000 rnds or so.

One guy we know said we probably burn up more ammo in a year then most folks shoot in a lifetime. So what do you figure you have shot in your life time?

Attachments

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
A few thousand,,but nothing like your talking about. When I was younger and shot rim fires alot, it would take several hundred a year in 22 shells to keep me going. Now its very few that get burned by me.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
It's down to several thousand a year, now, but when I was shooting IPSC matches about 3 times a week, for several years, it was in the tens of thousands a year. It was a bunch, but no full-auto. I had enough of that, after four years in the Army. Somehow, that doesn't excite me any more! I DO enjoy rattling off a mag or two out of a Thompson or MP-5 now and then, but can't cuddle up to an Ingram.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
I used to reload and on weekends we would go thru about 2000 rounds of 38/357 plus a case of shotgun shells on skeet. It was fun.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
no idea...a lot but no millions like yourself beltfed. That's alot of ammo!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If i dont get out every couple days at the most and shoot i get edgy, even if its just burnin couple hundred .22's threw a MG. I have slowed down a bit since i got into the sniper rifle gig, kinda nice to go shootin for 3 or 4 hrs and only burn up 100 rnds insted of 8,000. Would like to go to OK or where ever it is that folks go to do them long range critter shootin, that would be a blast.

·
Under appreciated
91,815 Posts
I've been shooting in a couple of trap leagues for the last 6 yrs or so...
that'll burn up some shells in a hurry.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah its not hard runnin your round count up shootin skeet. Me and several guys from work shoot skeet every thur in Bland and its nothin to put 600 rnds 12 ga in the air in a hurry, that and when we run out of 12 ga we shoot other stuff.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by glennasher1
It's down to several thousand a year, now, but when I was shooting IPSC matches about 3 times a week, for several years, it was in the tens of thousands a year. It was a bunch, but no full-auto. I had enough of that, after four years in the Army. Somehow, that doesn't excite me any more! I DO enjoy rattling off a mag or two out of a Thompson or MP-5 now and then, but can't cuddle up to an Ingram.
My new toy is gonna be a HK MP5, actually the sear pack so i can switch F/A from weapon to weapon. My Ingram Mac 10 is just a throw around bullet hose, doesnt get much use but it seems to be fun for those that have never shot F/A before, they always wanna shoot the MAC. That and i got a .22 kit for it and theres nothin like shootin a 1,100 rpm .22 machinegun, cheap and fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.