Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Randy is having a shoot this Saturday? I have one of his business cards and it says he is having one, but didn't want to drive all the way up on Saturday if he wasn't.

BTH

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Shot with Randy last weekend at James A. Reed and yes he is having a shoot. As a matter of fact, I think it is his last shoot this summer. Won't be able to make it myself, will probably shoot at the MBH State Championship some time this weekend in Excelisor Springs.

But I will be at the 3rd leg of the Deermans Triple Classic next weekend in Montrose. Will be shooting my Mathews:eek:, I'am getting the Martin setup for Ricks field test.:cheers: I'am real excited about my own field test of that Ross Cr337:dancin:

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well MoBowman sounds like you have a bunch on your plate for sure. I am going to shoot at Randys, and plan to make the shoot in Montrose to show off my new target bow. And no I won't be shooting the speed class with it.

A Mathews, are you ill? When you gonna field test a CR337? Good luck at Excelisor, see you in Montrose hopefully. I plan to shoot at 1 pm on Saturday.

BTH

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Well I'am gonna test that Ross at Montrose, Beagleboy6 is getting the draw set so I can shoot it, he's a 31" draw and I would have to wrap it around my head to draw it that much:hysterical: Not sure when I will shoot saturday, I want to have time to spend with Chairman so he can shoot the Martin and if he decides he wants it, to make sure it's all set up fo him. I haven't talked to Rick yet he may want to do it early, may be better for him. But, it's gonna be another good day of shooting:cheers:

MoBowman ```--------->

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on, I am coming all the way from down here in Springburg, so the 8 am is out of the question for me. Punkus is suppose to come and shoot with me, but we don't call him Punkus for nothin you know. If he backs out, I may come early if that's when you are gonna shoot. Let me know what you all decide to do.

BTH

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi Guys,

Glad to see you are both planning to shoot Montrose. Quite a drive for the both of you.

I would like to make the shoot at Randy's this weekend, but Twin Lakes Bowbenders, near Cole Camp, is also having a shoot on Saturday. It is a fundraiser for women hunters, so I think my wife and I will be heading up there along with several other people from this area.

MoBowan,

If you are going to meet Rick while you are in the area, you should bring him on out. Our course would be very easy to get that 4X4 chair around. I can only think of four targets where it might not go to pull arrows, other then that, it would be a very easy walking/driving course. It is about the flattest course I have been to. We have a three bridges over creek crossings, but they are all set up to drive a Polaris Ranger over, so I don't think there would be a problem at all crossing them.

There is also a 50 yard practice range where you two could test out the Martin and the Ross.

Dan

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
beagleboy6; Could you tell me more about the shoot at Twin Lakes Bowbenders, near Cole Camp. Its in my neck of the woods but I don't know where, when or how to find out.:neuspeuter:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Hey Snowman...the directions I have are as follows: 2 miles south of Cole Camp on Hwy F, go right on gravel 1 1/4 mile to the range...I'm sure they'll have up a sign or two!!! Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just checked out their website, looks like a great organization. Too bad I have to work at 4 that day, so can't get that far away from home or I might come up there to shoot. Good luck everyone going to shoot this weekend, hope Chairmans likes the Martin, and MoBowman likes the Ross.

BTH

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by MoBowman

But I will be at the 3rd leg of the Deermans Triple Classic next weekend in Montrose. I'm getting the Martin setup for Ricks field test.:cheers:
:dancin:

I can't wait to try 'er out!

I'm hoping everything works out with the Martin. If so, my plan is to practice, practice & then practice some more. I want to start hitting these shoots with y'all... :D

BTW ~ I'll be needing directions to the Montrose shoot, before next weekend...

PS ~ I really appreciate you holding the bow for me, Mike. I'm very, very excited ~ my first "vertical" bow! :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
directions to the Deerman Shoot -

if coming from Clinton, head west on 18 highway to K highway, turn south on K. then head west on the first gravel road. We should have signs up at the K/18 junction and at the gravel road off K.

If you are coming from around Deepwater, take 52 west to Montrose, then H highway west out of Montrose about 3-4 miles to K highway. turn north on K. the gravel road to west to the shoot is in Old Piper. There will be signs.

Dan

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
beagleboy6 ; Disregard mt last U2U. I see everything I need to be there at
8 am.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
So Snowman, you goin to that shoot on saturday??? It looks like I might be able to make it down, maybe we could shoot together!

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bodoodle,

Sorry you can't make it looks like rain is in the forcast anyway. See you in Montrose.

BTH

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
So Snowman, you goin to that shoot on saturday??? It looks like I might be able to make it down, maybe we could shoot together!
Hey fireman.. if your going, please look for r2's lucky arrow. :rotfl::rotfl:

He's gonna need it next month!!!:wave:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well Hello all who talk the trash to mr. punkus. I have earned that name, but I guess I'll have to blow the dust off of ol katrina and head on down to montrose. I haven't seen mr bigtimehunter ina while, and it's always fun to watch mobowman about pass out in the heat:banana: Peace peeps:wave:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Originally posted by BigPunkus
I haven't seen mr bigtimehunter ina while, and it's always fun to watch mobowman about pass out in the heat:banana: Peace peeps:wave:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Even passed out cold, would still shoot better....:hysterical::hysterical: Good to see you stopped in shorty:D

MoBowman ```---------->

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.