In need of a longer shaft for my trolling motor

Discussion in 'Fishing Gear & Tackle' started by Mailman, Apr 10, 2017.

1. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    No "F" bombs allowed around here, discussing stump broke farm animals on this site is cool:cool:.

Wonder if there will be a farm animal forum added?:D:wave:

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    It was a joke Frank.:wave:

3. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    So, as long as it's just a joke, it's all ok. :thinking:

:D

4. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Of course no one else has ever posted a joke here that's similar in nature.

5. Eric Rudolf

Eric Rudolf Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2013
    You are getting warmer.

6. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Ya, and sometimes those jokes get "reported" and people get banned for them. So ya, you r right. :eek::

7. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Not by me. I only reported F Bombs but not any longer. So what ever you guys want to post here it's fine with me. The report button is a no no from now on no matter what is posted. After all the report button is only for looks and only the moderators are to report anything that is against the printed rules...period!

So have at it boys.:wave:

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    That's not it at all Bill and you know it. The report button needs to stay in the event personal threats are levied, drug usage/racial slurs (both of which were contained in a post by the chief administrator of this forum, yet you nor anyone else reported it). The report button is not for reporting a violation of rules that no longer apply.
    Just ignore the people you dont like Bill.. you will be better off. You have told me privately that you just cant do that, but I'm telling you that until you do, you are going to keep having headwinds.

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    And while you are at it, the chief administrator often posts links to carbontv.

Follow this one, as anyone is encouraged to do, and tell me how many times you would smash the report button. Go ahead, give a look. :wave: These are the people who host your MWT site, the same one that you think shouldnt have any profanity at all, even subtle profanity.
    https://www.carbontv.com/shows/nodr/seasons/1/episodes/2/?component=recent-episodes

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    This thread might be an example of a double standard... your original title just read "need a longer shaft". That's not profanity but it sure is subtle reverence to overt sexual innuendo. It's ok for you to do?? Or maybe its just that nobody thought about reporting because its just not important enough in life to be worried about.

11. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I think sometimes people get banned for the way they react to a reported post being moderated. Then they blame it on the person who reported the post instead of admitting they shouldn't have gotten their panties in such a wad over being moderated. :D

12. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    Yep, how people respond to "moderation" is their choice, get over it or pickup your toys and leave. But it appears some off color remarks, pictures and video's posted get reported and the ban hammer falls on some, while the same type of content is posted by others and "not" reported and all is good? It was a joke, right?

For the record, I think the constant personal attacks against a few members here are uncalled for.

Civil and respectful behavior lives in the level middle ground, not the high ground.;):wave:

13. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I'm not aware of instances where the ban hammer fell for one offense. I must be out of the loop on that one.

14. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Too bad ya'll don't spend more time fishing instead of worrying about Bill's short shafted trolling motor. Go shoot some arrows or play golf. Do something other than whining and complaining about this and that. In other words develop other interests than deer hunting so you have something to do in the off season.

15. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    So if I invite you to go fishing with me you'll show me where your hot spots for crappie on Jacomo are?:wave::rolleyes:

16. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    Please point out the word "one" anywhere in my reply.:D:wave:

17. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Maybe, everyone should read this.... :D Especially the section titled "Why Older Kids Tattle":wave:

http://www.metrokids.com/MetroKids/January-2010/Tattling-Versus-Telling/

18. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I work through the week, during the day I have some time to post and read, it really doesn't take much time to get all caught up on reading these days.
    But I don't post at night (other than last night) much at all anymore and rarely if ever post on weekends. I have been fishing, hunting, golfing and camping a lot this year. I shoot almost every night in the back yard. :)
    I think I have an adequate work/life/MWT balance. :D MWT just doesn't take much time at all these days for me. Someone without a job or retired can probably afford a lot more time on here.

19. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    A double standard??!?!?! Nawwwwww.......