Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out today finishing up some of our fall food plots and checking out some stand sites. I noticed that a rachet strap that holds one of my permanent ladder stands in place had been chewed on by squirrels and needed replacing. I almost just scurried right up their by myself before thinking otherwise and got some help from my Bro-in-law....Also just spoke to a friend that got up in his stand while clearing limbs and had a close call when his stand shifted in the tree with him and he did not have his saftey harness on. I know that not everyone wears them but just wanted to say PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!! I don't want to hear of any of my friends on here having any accidents this fall......BE SAFE!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Good Post alwyshntn.:cheers: I might add to check the date code on your safety harness, if it is over 5 years old, I would think about replaceing it. Your kids will thank you for it. :D

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Good post for sure. Had one of my ladder stands three years ago come loose from the tree. Climbed up there in the dark opening morning and noticed it was movin around quit a bit. After it got light I noticed the strap had come loose. Talk about a heart pounding situation.

BTH

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by alwyshntn
I was out today finishing up some of our fall food plots and checking out some stand sites. I noticed that a rachet strap that holds one of my permanent ladder stands in place had been chewed on by squirrels and needed replacing. I almost just scurried right up their by myself before thinking otherwise and got some help from my Bro-in-law....Also just spoke to a friend that got up in his stand while clearing limbs and had a close call when his stand shifted in the tree with him and he did not have his saftey harness on. I know that not everyone wears them but just wanted to say PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!! I don't want to hear of any of my friends on here having any accidents this fall......BE SAFE!!!!:wave:
Great words of wisdom!:cheers::cheers:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Originally posted by Gutpile
Those ratchet straps will stretch, give em a few clicks to tighten them back up.
squirrels have been known to chew on em too. ( ahh hates squirrels)

:cheers::cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.