I'm taking a week or two off

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by wolf44, Nov 14, 2010.

1. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Man, I hate to be a whiner but I'm burnt out. I hunted hard all week trying to nail down one of these big boys. Got close on 4 different occasions by friday. I decided it was going to have to be a gun kill. Go out yesterday and see absolutely no deer from the stand, go out this morning....no deer. What they heck! After waking up at 4am every day this last week and being out every chance I get for the 3 weeks before that I'm ready to hang it up for a while and recharge.

A man much smarter than I once said..."remember its a marathon not a sprint"

ok maybe he wasn't that much smarter:D

2. wabow

wabow New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Don't feel bad, I'm doing the same till next weekend. I may just wait till TBird day to hit it hard again too, been a long season for me as well.

I can say I like the real late season hunting with a bow the best of all anyway. Nothing like a real cold spell later in season to put the deer on a food source, especially the bucks trying to recoup from all the chasing.

3. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    :whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging:

4. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I'm gonna smack you:wave:

5. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
  6. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

At least you get to get out and spend the time in the woods. Due to all my other hobbies and interests, my wife limits my hunting excursions. She won't let me buy a bow (knows she'll never see me) so all I can hunt is the 11 day gun season. Of those 11 days, I got yesterday from 4am to 1:30 (had to be home for daughters soccer game). Then I'll get out next Sunday all day. So, for the year, I get 1 and a half days to deer hunt. So, I won't feel sorry for you, but I do wish you better luck on your future outings.

7. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    It is mental warfare for sure! Not much consolation but at least you are seeing some thumpers!

8. wolf44

wolf44 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    yeah, I was thinking that to myself this morning in the stand as well when the sun was coming up. I do feel lucky to have the time and places to hunt

9. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Still plenty of time, don't make the mistake many do and over hunt one area. Ya want the big buck you gotta work hard. Hang in there :2thumbsup:

10. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    Grind out that marathon! If killing big bucks was easy everyone would do it! Take a day off and stay the courtse!