Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was my first duck hunt... Ive done the goose thing and enjoyed it, but around here it was just hit an miss. And we had a golf course we could really kill them on it, but the insurance company didnt like us huntin it so we were no longer allowd... Well me an a buddy's original plans were to head to wappappello at 3am yesterday morning. Apon arriving at his house, I found out we were going else where. He said it was a public area an he has never seen anyone there. We got there and set the decoys, in the dark. After getting everything arranged, we tucked tight in some brush. (it was a flooded field/half being corn) and could already hear ducks. Before shooting light we could already see ducks landing into our spread, well atleast the splash from them landing. he says its shooting light, only problem is we couldnt see the ducks once they got down in the tree line, do to the overcast sky. However it didnt take long and we had hundreds of ducks buzzing around us and landing in our spread and the works... We did however notice we didnt even have to call, so we just shut up and kept a shooting. As fast as you could load and reload. After having 8 birds down between us 2 we started being picky and going for greenheads. Ended the day with 5 greenheads, 3 woodies and 4 scaup between the 2 of us... I must say im hooked for life, did a little editing today to the Christmas list. It went from a lot a deer, to a little deer and a lot of duck stuff!!! By no means am i quitin deer hunting, however after rifle season, the bow and rifle will be getting swapped for the shotgun. Must say this will most likely be my last year ML!!!

BTW he has the pics on his camera, i will get them and upload them once he gets out of college.

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
:claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

now that you're hooked, wont be long before you're addicted :woot:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts