Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done puttin the Bro in law and I in for Iowa bow tags...Like I've mentioned before, we're setting on 2 preference points apiece, gotta try again!!! We already have our hunting license and habitat cards from spring turkey season, so that will help with the rise in prices this year. The Iowa DNR seems to think that they need to charge non residents $100 for an antlerless only tag, that we get to buy, along with the any deer tag, if we are selected in the draw. All the farmers up there get mad when we tell them these prices, telling us to kill em all....they are just run over with deer. I think if they want to reduce the herd, they should sell antlerless tags OTC...So, anyway, I'm tryin again!!!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Ok fireman. So you are paying 100 bones for a doe tag? I know there has to be a rationale here but I ain't gettin it. What am I missing?

Lets see......you MUST buy the antlerless tag in order to get a shot at the any deer tag?

:)

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Ok fireman. So you are paying 100 bones for a doe tag? I know there has to be a rationale here but I ain't gettin it. What am I missing?

Lets see......you MUST buy the antlerless tag in order to get a shot at the any deer tag?

:)
If successful in the drawing for the anydeer tag, ya cain't git it, without buyin the doe tag......sucks, don't it!!!!

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Sounds like somethin' Iowa would come up with.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
At least Illinois is a little bit cheaper for non-residents. $15 for a doe tag, but you still have to purchase either a 5-Day (28.75) OR Annual (50.75) Hunting License AND a Habitat Stamp (5.50).

An archery combination tag(one either-sex/one antlerless) will be $365.00. But, application for these 20,000 tags, which there aren't that many left once the outfitters get their share, is from June 1 to June 30.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
I don't know if I can afford the combination tag. A little rich for my blood. I will still go for the doe tag because I have a place to hunt in Illinois that is only about 2 hours from my house. I have a place to stay, plenty of land to hunt and I get fed. Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by venatic
I don't know if I can afford the combination tag. A little rich for my blood. I will still go for the doe tag because I have a place to hunt in Illinois that is only about 2 hours from my house. I have a place to stay, plenty of land to hunt and I get fed. Not a bad deal.
Hey, a good meal is the kicker!!!!!lol. I'm just hopin we draw this time, with the 2 points. Hate to give em back without tryin. I'm gonna hunt there one more time, be darned.....then I believe it'll be time to look for bigger'n better things for the money.....antelope or muley tags are a bit cheaper most places.....but dangit, I know where to hang my stands in Iowa...Sure wish Mo would make it reciprocal for Iowa, Kansas and Illinios hunters to come here...not sure it would change anything, but it sure would make me feel better......lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.