I'm getting a little worried

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by beanpile, Apr 20, 2006.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

For the past 3 weeks I'v been seeing Gobblers in the same fields morning after morning after morning..So I find who owns the land and 2 of the 3 say "have at it"

now they are gone:confused:

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Smile Beanpile! They are there somewhere!! Go and have a good time. Kill a bird and bring us pics!!!

3. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Congrats on getting permission. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. Good luck.

4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Saw a hen all nested up this evening. But, had a bird gobbling last night on the roost. We'll be alright. The first week should be pretty good.

5. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

problem is that I need but may not have...WE'll see after Monday

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'd almost bet they're still there...maybe down in the timber hiding. Either thier food source has changed, or the hens have all hit the nests over your way, and the toms are with them, not in that field...???

7. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Well I'm going come Hell or high water to option #1 on Monday AM.will go to option #2 after 10 am or so.

If not its Mobiggies on the weekend

any advice Cfrazee???

8. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    My guess would be they are in the woods with the nesting hens looking for some action, I found a nest last week...

9. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I was out this morning and heard one gobble about a mile off, I replyed the bird shut up, about an hour later one was walking behind my blind but could't see the bird. Think it could have been the same one ?