I'm converting to Duck Hunting!

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by GTOHunter, Oct 30, 2010.

1. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

:thinking: :thinking:

I can't take it any more...every evening when I'm out Bow Hunting I get several flocks of Geese flying in low circling around to land at the local Pond or Lake,these Geese come in so slow and low that I'm seriously thinking about getting the old Mosseberg 20 gauge out and buy myslef a Goose and Duck tag/stamp?

We sat in the blind this morning and counted over 30 misc small Ducks too....not sure about hunting them though...their pretty fast and hard for me to identify them as a beginner Duck Hunter? :whistle: :thinking: :shrug:

2. Yahoo

Yahoo Active Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    Its easier to ID the ducks after you shoot them, so don't worry about that part. You will learn, just keep going down the path you are on, to enlightenment

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............. DO NOT WALK INTO THE LIGHT!!!

:rof2: kidding of course

Heck, go for it. But I have a feeling it is like Turkey season when you see all the deer. And deer seaon when you see all the turkey!

4. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    Crystal,

One trip to the duck blind or maybe 2, and you will give all to chase the avian horde!!!
    Step into the LIGHT of the darkside!!

5. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Well if you give up deer hunting and convert to goose hunting. You will have to waight untill Nov 25th to be shoting the geese since that is when that season opens up.

6. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    goose hunting and duck hunting are TOTALLY different. Always keep that in mind.

Welcome to the dark side...lol

7. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    If you ever do go make shure you pick out a single duck or goose in teh pack. Dont aim at center fo the pack, you chances of getting one is way lower.

Have fun, it is a blast even if yo not get any. But it is a exspensive hobby even if you go the cheap route.

8. DuckHuntinMo

DuckHuntinMo Guest

The ducks you are seeing are most likely wood ducks, being that there are still a ton around.

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    [rquote=1872134&tid=130317&author=Skduckhunt]Crystal,

One trip to the duck blind or maybe 2, and you will give all to chase the avian horde!!!
    Step into the LIGHT of the darkside!![/rquote]

I LOVE TO KILL THINGS AND WE ALL KNOW THIS! PROBLEM I HAVE WITH DUCK HUNTING IS, I JUST DO NOT LIKE TO EAT DUCK! OTHERWISE, I WOULD MOST LIKELY BE OUT THERE. I JUST HATE TO KILL IT AND NOT EAT IT! WELL UNLESS IT IS A YOTE OR A NASTY DILLO. THOSE ARE FREE GAME.

10. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    you just need to take the ugly out of the duck, Soak in salt water, rinse Soak over night in whole milk.... then slice very thinly and marinate in teriyaki sauce, skewer em up and cook slowly and not over cooked... put some honey teriyaki sauce to sweeten them up and enjoy....

11. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    TAKE THE UGLY OUT OF THE DUCK!!!! :D THAT IS FUNNY!

MAYBE I JUST NEED TO SEND THE DUCKS HOME WITH SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE DOING WITH THEM AND THEN GO OVER FOR SUPPER! :thinking:

12. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    After taking my nine year old son out on the youth deer hunt this weekend and sittin in the blind without seeing anything, I asked him what he thought about deer hunting.
    His answer: "Well it sure ain't turkey huntin or duck huntin. I think I'll stick with that."
    I couldn't have been prouder.:rof2: