Illinois Tag ?

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Thwack, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Thwack

Thwack New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Lake St Louis
    I know you can start applying today for a NR tag, But my question is how long do you have before they quit taking the applications?
    I have a farm to hunt this year but it isn't final yet and I dont want to fork over $400 til I'm sure its mine. Thanks for any answers.

2. liv2hunt

liv2hunt Active Member

Sep 5, 2007
    osage county
    It says on the application but for the second drawing, only residents are in the first drawing, I think it is August 15th!!

3. Thwack

Thwack New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Lake St Louis
    Okay, thanks. I went to the web site to look it up but it just goes to the app and says they are on sale now, but I didn't see a cut off date.:mad2:
    Maybe I just missed it.

4. booner

booner Member

Jan 21, 2006
    It use to be first come, first serve till they sold out which could be a week or 4 weeks, but they no longer advertise how many they are going to sell and rumor is they sell as many as they can. I would call over to the Springfield office and ask someone. Chances are you will be able to buy them for about a month, but that is not guaranteed.

Good luck.

5. liv2hunt

liv2hunt Active Member

Sep 5, 2007
    osage county
    I am talking gun tags!! It has changed time and time again on archery!! Sorry if I led you astray? :D

This is on the website, I am assuming they will sale until they meet the 25,000 quota!!

ARCHERY DEER PERMITS

Season Dates:
    October 1 - January 14 in Cook, DuPage, Lake and portions of Kane County east of State Rt 47 . October 1 - January 14 in all other counties except that archery hunting is CLOSED November 20, 21, 22 and December 3, 4, 5, 6 for the two firearm deer seasons. Hunters must wear blaze orange during the Youth Season October 10, 11 and the December 11, 12, 13

Muzzleloader season (refer to Hunter's Digest for specifics).

Application dates:

Resident Archery Dates and Fees - Combo tags (Either-Sex and Antlerless-Only) - Over-the-Counter late August

Non-Resident Archery Dates and Fees :

2009 Non-Resident Archery Deer online application - will go live June 1.
    You can purchase your permit via the internet. DNR Direct Online License Sales or by phone at 1-888-6PERMIT (1-888-673-7648)

Non-residents are allowed one combination archery permit per season. Antlerless only permits for $15.50 will be available throughout the season over the counter at local license agents, by phone or by internet. If ordering by phone or internet, your permit will be mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.

The cost of a Non-Resident Archery Combination Deer permit (one either-sex/one antlerless) will be $400. The quota will be 25,000 for Non-Resident combination tags.

The cost of a Non-Resident Archery Antlerless Deer permit (available over the counter) will be $15.50 and there is no quota.

Non-resident archery deer permits issued to outfitter clients who received a permit based on the preference given to outfitter clients are valid only on property controlled by the outfitter used to gain preference

6. starbux

starbux Well-Known Member

I think the cutoff date last year was August or late summer. They then opened them back up because they hadn't sold 25,000. My guess is they keep selling them until noone wants any more....in this brokea$$ state. Chicago needs a lot more guys like you willing to pay that $. So I guess the answer is that even as a resident I cannot find out that kind of information. You have time to firm up your spot...imo.

7. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    I was looking into last year or the year before and they had tags left over that could be purchased. With the economy migtht be the same this year though. Can buy over the counter doe tags last I checked. I may hunt Illinois this year.

8. Thwack

Thwack New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Lake St Louis
    Hey guys, thanks for all your help. I have always wanted to hunt Illinois at least one year so it looks like Im going to this year. Thanks again.