IL hunt

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by venatic, Oct 26, 2010.

1. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well Mikey and headed over to IL to do a little hunting last weekend and we came home empty handed. Weather sure was not on our side, but when you make plans months in advance, there isn't much you can do. :shrug:

We did see deer and Mikey was the only to get a shot off, but the stand he was in had a bar out in front that he couldn't get out of the way, so when he shot, he hit it. I had my best chance Sunday evening, but the wind was playing havoc on me and the doe wouldn't commit to my shooting lane.

The only bucks I saw were a spike, a fork horn and a small 6 pointer. I had two fawns come in Sunday morning and the only reason I knew they were fawns was the faded spots on their backs. I was hoping momma was close by when they came running in. But she never showed.

North of the stand Interstate 64
    [file]143012[/file]

Zoomed in
    [file]143014[/file]

Looking south of the stand
    [file]143016[/file]

In front of the stand
    [file]143018[/file]

Truck on the interstate
    [file]143020[/file]

Sunday evening stand
    [file]143022[/file]

I moved in behind these downed trees later on Sunday as the tree I was in originally was making me uncomfortable as my stand was slipping a bit and not digging in.
    [file]143024[/file]

2. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This squirrel kept me entertained Sunday morning.

[file]143030[/file]

[file]143028[/file]

[file]143026[/file]

3. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    You going back this year?

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1863314&tid=129745&author=bowhuntKS]You going back this year?[/rquote]
    I don't know. Gotta have an available time to do it. I've got an open invite from the guy's place we stayed at. He said the weather really sucked that weekend.

5. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    hopefully you can make it back!

6. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    if it was me i 'd be there this weekend:D

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1863344&tid=129745&author=coyotehunter]if it was me i 'd be there this weekend:D[/rquote]
    Easier said than done.

8. ImADoeBuster

ImADoeBuster New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Jefferson City
    cough cough I dont feel good think i need to make a road trip to IL:claphands:

9. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    I hunted Union county Il. over the weekend also and the weather was the worst! Mid 80's and windy. I will go back! Seen lots of sign. With the full moon they were moving mostly at night. I did catch a buck running scrapes at 11:30 on day though. I was walking and scouting and I ran him off without a shot!