If you had your choice of boat out there, what would it be...

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by Rebel2, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Obviously it would be used for duck hunting...

A small amount of fishing and bow fishing but definitely second place to duck hunting.

Would be running a surface drive mud motor...

So, what would you choose.. and why?

2. Timmytaters

Timmytaters Moderator

Feb 14, 2007
    lincoln co. mo
    ALLWELD OR WAR EAGLE

18 72

3. I sold my blazer this year, and that was my reasoning, get something to do double duty instead of just a river runner like the blazer. I'm gonna go with a war eagle 1860 in camo with around a 115 jet on it. Reason I picked war eagle, they are desighned to duck hunt out of. And getting one set up how I want won't be an issue. That, and the camo seems to hold up really well on them. Gonna get mine set up with a camo bench seat behind the steering wheel. Open floor for decoys, but flush pedastal mounts for seats when the kids are in there. And gonna be dry storage under the bench seat. And a gun box down both sides, with padded top for seating when hunting bout of it. Only thing I haven't decided, if I'm gonna go with an avery quickset, or build my own blind. Oh yeah, gonna go with natgear on the boat, and then camoclad the motor natgear. I know that is more than you asked for, but there it is.

4. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Reb,
    We just had a rig in the shop "needed the railing welded" and it was SLICK!
    Off of the top of my head I think it was a gator, made in Texas.
    Had one heck of a mud motor, power trim LOL! that thing was 8 ft wide.
    very nice rig.

5. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Boston Whaler 345 everything they sell for it!!!!
    You can't sink them!

6. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
  7. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

[rquote=1878788&tid=130856&author=Big John]Boston Whaler 345 everything they sell for it!!!![/rquote]

Is that the boat you can cut in half and it still floats?

8. Tarsal Gland

Tarsal Gland Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    KC
  9. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    War Eagle or Sea Ark for me. With your kind of jingle...go with the best or go home.:02:

10. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Dont forget to put why you would go with that brand..

11. lma

lma Active Member

[rquote=1878753&tid=130856&author=Rebel]Obviously it would be used for duck hunting...

A small amount of fishing and bow fishing but definitely second place to duck hunting.

Would be running a surface drive mud motor...

So, what would you choose.. and why?[/rquote]I would choose yours, Reb. Why? So I wouldn't have to pay the taxes on it. :D

12. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    [rquote=1878830&tid=130856&author=Rebel]Dont forget to put why you would go with that brand..[/rquote]

The best. Duh.

13. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1878812&tid=130856&author=SNA2STL][rquote=1878788&tid=130856&author=Big John]Boston Whaler 345 everything they sell for it!!!![/rquote]

Is that the boat you can cut in half and it still floats?[/rquote]Yes sir!unsinkable but expensive the one I want is $780,000 plus

14. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
  15. Joeyman

Joeyman New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    a boat that wouln't sink

16. Yahoo

Yahoo Active Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    I love my seaark! You can not go wrong. Just gotta pick your length and hull design.

I picked my seaark for the quality of the build (they make military boats also, they know how to weld aluminum), it is .125 thick, and I wanted the Vpro hull (you don't. you want flat or tunnel hull).

There are plenty of good boats out there, before I settled on a manufacturer, I'd spec out the length, width, side height, hull design, and power I wanted, # of pax (my 2072 is rated for 11 people I think??), etc.

I would get the widest boat I could for a length, it will float the shallowest all else equal, but if your tearing through trees in AR, wider could be too wide, I dunno....Wider is more stable. I wide flat bottom doesn't turn so great, wont be the fasted boat out there, but what do you want to do with it???

17. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1879032&tid=130856&author=S_Z_R]http://www.gatortraxboats.com/Gator%20Hide.htm

4 layouts in one big boat...pro drive

nuff said
    [/rquote]

dood that is wicked sweet, def gonna check them out

18. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Fishing and Family Fun.....might be able to run down a duck with a dip net..:shrug:

[file]145871[/file]

19. Swmos! roomy and it is a do it all boat