Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any of you actually want to make hunting whitetails a career??? Myself? I would only do it if it involved making videos....WHY?? I honestly think its the only way you'll actually get to hunt. Anything else that has hunting as a career such as proshop/sales rep, etc, your busiest time is the hunting season!!

·
5,632 Posts
DITTO! When I was younger I wanted to be a Conservation Agent. Then I got to thinking....when everyone else is hunting/fishing I WOULD HAVE TO WORK!! No thanks! I'd rather be on the consumer side of things.

As far as getting paid to hunt, it would be tough. I'm used to getting up early to hunt a couple times a week. I'm afraid that doing it EVERY day would make it become a J-O-B just like anything else. Right now it has mystique. I'd rather keep it that way.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
What about product developement, or quality control in the industry?

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
As long as you could field test it I'd be all for it! ;)

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Originally posted by Nicholas
As long as you could field test it I'd be all for it! ;)
My exact thoughts!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I used to be a bouncer in a local bar.....The job looked like alot of fun from the outside, before I got hired...and then after I got hired, I figured out it kinda stunk, mixing bizness with pleasure.....I think the hunting "job" would be the same way!!! I think I'd rather just win the powerball, and keep huntin for fun!!!!!!!!!!

·
5,632 Posts
I totally agree with you, Brad. The problem is, I can't find ANYTHING that I want to do for a living!

I just want to hunt and fish all the time.:roll2:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
I totally agree with you, Brad. The problem is, I can't find ANYTHING that I want to do for a living!

I just want to hunt and fish all the time.:roll2:
Well, just don't take the same way out that I have......lol

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
i dont know very hard choice If I could hunt for a living and make a good living(make enoug to live on and a little more) then I would...I love hunting I'd rather hunt 24/7 365 then almsot anything!

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Just woke up so I little blurry eyed, my typing might be worser then normal.

You could tape a few of your hunts this fall to see if you really enjoy that aspect of hunting. Come to think of it you could make a vidio from start to finish.

The falloing is anohter hair braind idea cooked up by longbow26 industrys.

------Blue Caller Hunter-----

------Producer ( your name here )-----

Vidio starts with you manually fliping the page on your wall calander from june to august then procedes to you planing your scoutting trip on your topo mape. Explaning the use of it in conjuction wiht a boundry mape of area you wil be hunting. Then shoing your actuall scouting of area you will be hunting. ( will show as menny scouting trips as you normally do in august of as menny different areas of teh area you hunt, with discusions along teh way of what different findings in teh woods mean as fare as hunting the whitetail goes towards a sucessfull hunt archery in September. )

Shows all the hunting gear preperation that is involved in gettign ready for new season. IE gear repair gear replacement ( eather out grown it or not servasable ) and your sight in trips to the range/backyard.

Showes teh calander fliping from august to september along wiht the last minut scout trips to see if the scouting trips in august held true and teh deer are still in area you balive they will be moving. September 15th openign day of archery season ( or what ever day our season starts this year 06) Filmed hunt of best scouted area. Emphasising that the first time an area is hunted your sucessrate chances are better thus re eartarating teh nead for multiple hunting locations in an area so spot not get hunted out if more then a few huntign trips in a season is planed. Film teh harvest of your harvest on opening day along wiht the field care proses loading to veicle and transport to proseser/ or home prosesing if you do that. Vidio teh telecheck proses if able. If you take it some where to do prearange with htem to vidio tape that tern in proses of your game. Alot of new hunters find them selfs bafled by the lingo/trade talk of a proseser and find htem selfs disapointed at pick up when they realize that waht they thought the proseser ment was somethigns else. Vidio tape the pick up of deer at time and last fotage is a good recipie being put to use. vidio tape a meel cooked wiht meet harvested in show.

A tape like that might be fun to make. And might sell, heck new hunters buy alot of thigns they find are jsut market gimicks once out in the field. Mise as well sell them somethign that will teach them hwo to enjoy teh out doors safelly and make it more enjoyable for them.

Well pick up is in 10 minuts to take my neice for her second ever terky hunt. Have a nice oen every one.

·
Registered
835 Posts
A few years ago, a buddy of mine was a sales rep for a variety of hunting/camping equipment companies. It started out great, free gear, talking about hunting etc. all day everyday. Then as he started getting a good feel for the job, he started having to work weekends. By the end of his tenure, he worked almost every weekend. When he wasn't working, he was driving. He got to go on a few exotic hunts per year, but he said it was not worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.