If ya had it to do all over ?

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by X-Tennessean, May 28, 2009.

1. X-Tennessean

X-Tennessean Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Sikeston
    We've put if off long enough !! Been engaged for a year n half and have yet to set a date. Jus curious if ya cud do all over would you have "eloped" or happy with the traditional wedding ? I'm in favor of eloping jus the two of us and coming back to have the PARTY !! I think she's game for whatever, its Mom thats wanting the full blown Catholic wedding. I'm all for less hastle. So whats everyone's thoughts and opinions on "eloping" (any recommendations)?
    My thinking is because our family and friends are in two diff states and very large groups at that.

2. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Do what YOU TWO want.

3. TrackerCasey

TrackerCasey Active Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Mid-Michigan
    My traditional wedding was the best day of life...outside of the births of my children.

4. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS . THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THEN A BRIDZILLA THAN A BDRIDZILLAS MOM . YOU BETTER DO WAHT THE WIFE AND MOM IN LAW WANTS OR ITS OFF WITH YOU MAN HOOD FOR GOOD. ITS BAD ENOUGH SHE WILL BE SMILIN GOING DOWN THE ISLE YOU WANT HER TO SKIP TOOAND WHISTLE TOO.
    TRUST ME WE AHD A BIG CATHOILC WEDDIN AND THEY ARE SOME OF THE PURTIEST WEDDINS TO GO TOO.

5. Management Buck

Management Buck New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    If I had to do it all over, I would go back to 1989-92 and relive my undergraduate days year after year. Marriage wouldn't even be an issue to consider. Beautiful children and a good wife are hard to beat. But, I'm doing it all over here.

6. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    It was a stressful getting everything set up, especially since my family was a ways away. All in all it was worth having it and having our friends and family get to be there with us. :cheers:

7. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1278825&tid=89489&author=Tennessean]... its Mom thats wanting the full blown Catholic wedding. I'm all for less hastle.[/rquote]

You just answered your own question...

happy mother-in-law = less hassle (in the long run)

Just sayin'... :whistle:

8. dreland

dreland Senior Member

Dec 5, 2006
    East Mo
    We had a private wedding with only close family members which was around 50. Awesome day. :cheers:

9. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    man i have had 10 beers tonight i would give you advice but would say dont trust it...........i would wait till i drank 6 more before i really told ya my oppinion which would be the real oppinion

10. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    I have been going through the wedding planning stuff since November, luckily it will all be done in June. The only thing that has bothered me about it is the $$$$$$$. Other than that, I haven't stressed over anything.

11. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    LISTEN TO YOUR MARRIED FRIENDS! DON'T THINK YOU'LL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE REST OF THEM. DID YOU HEAR ME LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS!

12. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    you will be that guy in 2 years or less ( o i cant go this weekend we have plans to go to bed bath and married coupleville

13. 20 feet high

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1278889&tid=89489&author=Chairman][rquote=1278825&tid=89489&author=Tennessean]... its Mom thats wanting the full blown Catholic wedding. I'm all for less hastle.[/rquote]

You just answered your own question...

happy mother-in-law = less hassle (in the long run)

Just sayin'... :whistle:[/rquote]

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BANG THE MIL, TELL HER TO MIND HER OWN BUSINESS:pop: LET ME KNOW HOW THAT WORKS OUT....LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS

14. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    marrige is great......2 years later while you think about her friend

15. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

[rquote=1278829&tid=89489&author=DADAKOTA]Do what YOU TWO want.[/rquote]

That's all that matters. :dancin:

16. 20 feet high

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1278929&tid=89489&author=GoGop][rquote=1278829&tid=89489&author=DADAKOTA]Do what YOU TWO want.[/rquote]

That's all that matters. :dancin:[/rquote]

if i had to stay with the topic...these guys are right, you TWO are the ones that count!

17. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    I had a nice wedding in a church about 9 years ago. It was nice. All the guys wore tuxes and wife had a every nice dress. Would I do it differently- maybe.
    I think a beach wedding would be cool.
    My uncle got married on a dock on a lake.
    I did see on TV a couple that got married in camo and in treestands lol:D

18. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    My wife and I both said after ours that we should have eloped and then just had a party afterwards. :cheers:

19. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    My wife and I have said many many times, if we had it to do over again, we'd go to Vegas. Your mom will get over it in time. It's your wedding and it should be the way you and your future wife wants it.

20. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    To be quite honest if I had it to do all over again, I'd a never got married in the first place, I should have ran when I had the chance:shrug: