Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you hunt wade and shoot, and find a hole in the timber you will kill birds... You gotta do some walking.. Blind AA2 is a lil to far south in my opinion blind AA1 is bingo... K1 aint to bad either, but i wouldnt pay attention to the board... People have been lying on there green cards... last week one day they said there were only 10 birds killed one day when I know of a buddy who killed 12 greenheads between him and 2 buddies

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
[rquote=1528547&tid=106540&author=Montauklunkerhunter]If you hunt wade and shoot, and find a hole in the timber you will kill birds... You gotta do some walking.. Blind AA2 is a lil to far south in my opinion blind AA1 is bingo... K1 aint to bad either, but i wouldnt pay attention to the board... People have been lying on there green cards... last week one day they said there were only 10 birds killed one day when I know of a buddy who killed 12 greenheads between him and 2 buddies[/rquote]
the kill boards havent been honest for sure this year.. guys are fibbing alot..

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
[rquote=1528561&tid=106540&author=tjmstng68]Wouldnt want anyone to know that birds are at their koolaid stand. Or the line would get to long. I wonder what type of trouble a guy can get in for doing that?[/rquote]
oh its not worth the sandbag ticket you will get thats for sure...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I do my best to stay away from the duck parks as much as possible, however I hunted them alot before I had the cash to get into a lease, but I can tell you that the increase in numbers at the duck parks coincided with the loose lips on the internet message boards. I can't understand why anyone would give up info. regarding their success at these places. Let the guys go down there and figure it out themselves. As a matter of fact, whenever I'm in these areas, I make sure that I spread misinformation by talking loudly about places all the time. My thinking is if people have a bad hunt at these areas, that is one less person that will put in for a reservation next year or will go down to draw against me if I ever am forced to hunt these areas again.

I have about 10 spots that I hunt now that are "public" areas when the water gets right and we only go with a select number of guys so as not to let the areas become public knowledge. Had an area like this before and had a couple of guys from St. Louis down one time and they brought about 3 boats with them the next day and hunted within 100 yards of me. Never again on this one.

As far as "sand bagging", I would like for someone to show me where it says in the conservation laws that I have to fill out a green card correctly in order to be in compliance with the law. I don't shoot over, and I don't lie on my green card, but I don't go to the CA's anymore unless I get invited on a reservation.

G

·
So i gues to you asking about info on a place would be out of line i ask folks from time to time what the area is like and make sure i dont say anything like where did you hunt or any specifics just things like how is the ice? were there any birds things like that i know if i was at a place and someone asked me general questions i would be happy to tell them

G

·
[rquote=1528927&tid=106540&author=semomike]General questions are fine, but what more general questions do you want answered that aren't on the phone recording that the MDC supports. Number of birds and birds per hunter per day.

[/rquote]nah dont need them numbers just ice conditions mainly if its thick enough you have to use a chainsaw to make a hole i aint going :D rebel you will kill a duck one day i have faith in you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.