Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This one held the weight of the bow at full draw (1981) Another design called "Moment Transfer" was also tested by some archers. It is our experience that whenever a bow reaches over 85% let off it is not a safe design.

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
My favorite two things from those ads are:

in the second one it mentions that it is available for split limb bows. What split limbs were around then!?!?!

and then, and the best, is in the last add by Allen..."Short length --- 48" overall" That cracks me up.

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
My favorite two things from those ads are:

in the second one it mentions that it is available for split limb bows. What split limbs were around then!?!?!

and then, and the best, is in the last add by Allen..."Short length --- 48" overall" That cracks me up.
I liked the 48" thing too. The split limb it refers to was the first limbs to recess the wheels into the limb instead of mounting it to an external bracket. (we've come along way))

How about that maple riser and only 4#'s at 48"'s. I'm pretty sure that young girl is holding a Jennings T star bow. I still have one of those that has been rebuilt and converted to a hoyt fast flight cable system,,,,,,,,,,when fast flight was brand new:rotfl:

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Interesting....

Thanks for sharing that....

I wonder how fast "Super Fast "was to Allen back then????

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
wow thats cool stuff

look that the allen bow on the bottom

popular 50 lb peak draw weight :bangin:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
The 48 in reference is used because the compound was the next iteration after the recurve. In the recurve world of the day 48 in was considered a short bow mainly a hunting bow.

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
Its an old Jennings 4-wheeler..

Twas my dads target bow and I shot it in college. Oldie.

DSG.. this bow should look very familiar!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,354 Posts
I had an old Bear bow that had a magnesium riser and fiberglass limbs. You could break it down into three pieces.

I don't know what became of that bow though.

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
I had an allen original when I was young also.. primitive by todays standards but got my first doe with a bow from this platform!! Bought it from my uncle for $20 and it had no blood on it prior! proud, I was!

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
BTW.. it was a very bad shot with bear razors (bleeders also) and took a long time to find that deer... guess I was about 15 or so.. ah, the memories!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.