Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Rat, what kind of fish was this? I can't remember for the life of me. It sure was partly sunny and a bit pukey that day, but a heck of a lot warmer than we are now.

[file]88943[/file]

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just can't remember Ernie, Amberjack may be right though.

·
Under appreciated
91,781 Posts
Amberjack brudda... first ones we caught and wore me out off the git-go. :D

·
Under appreciated
91,781 Posts
[rquote=1544684&tid=107554&author=Plasticman]They are a good fighter-----I also to to catch Bonita--they are great to use as shark bait if you like catching them things---which I do----:cheers:[/rquote]
We caught bonita later in the day... used it for grouper and red snapper bait.

They'll wear you out too!! I fought one for almost 20 minutes and thats enough for me.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
[rquote=1544688&tid=107554&author=rat][rquote=1544684&tid=107554&author=Plasticman]They are a good fighter-----I also to to catch Bonita--they are great to use as shark bait if you like catching them things---which I do----:cheers:[/rquote]
We caught bonita later in the day... used it for grouper and red snapper bait.

They'll wear you out too!! I fought one for almost 20 minutes and thats enough for me.[/rquote]

I was fishing an oil rig about 100 miles out of Galveston one year--Landed a Bonita that hit the scales at 18lbs----Lots of shark bait for that nights fishing for sure----:cheers:

·
Under appreciated
91,781 Posts
What made it tough for us is we were trolling with outriggers and the capt didnt want to stop so I could fight that fish cause he had three other lines out. :mad2:

I remember getting him to about 50ft from the boat and he took off again and ran out about 10 minutes worth of work in one run. :D

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
[rquote=1544698&tid=107554&author=rat]What made it tough for us is we were trolling with outriggers and the capt didnt want to stop so I could fight that fish cause he had three other lines out. :mad2:

I remember getting him to about 50ft from the boat and he took off again and ran out about 10 minutes worth of work in one run. :D[/rquote]

Hook one that come in over 70lbs if you want a real treat----they are fighters---:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.