Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all this ground to hunt i was thinking about taking people hunting. Now this would be in a year or two, and i was kinda wanting to make some money off of it. Im just wondering what you guys and gals think would happen. Would people be willing to pay me a small fee to hunt? Input please

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Don't know if your thinking about guiding or what. But if the opportunities are there, I'am sure people would be willing to pay what we call a "tresspassing fee", sometimes runs $50-100 a day or week. But you may open the door for some of thoses you don't want in there. Set your rules and be strict about them.

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats what i was thinkin, i would probably meet with these people before and see what they were like. i dont think i would just let them pay and turn them lose, maybe tell them where to go and sit in a certain stand.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Im looking for a new hunting lease. Me and one of my buddies. I pay $800.00 a year for 300 acres. The problem is that my dad, two brothers and myself all hunt there and when we started that lease 8 years ago there was about 200 acres of woods and now there is about 30. So anybody out there I'm still looking. Ive tried this Bryon Clay guy with leases on the main page and he has never called or emailed me back. I bet I have tried 6 times.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Originally posted by Bowhunter4life
with all this ground to hunt i was thinking about taking people hunting. Now this would be in a year or two, and i was kinda wanting to make some money off of it. Im just wondering what you guys and gals think would happen. Would people be willing to pay me a small fee to hunt? Input please
Not sure if I understand, but it seems two landowners have been gracious enough to grant a young hunter permission to hunt. Now you're thinking about taking others and charging fee-to-hunt? I think I know what would happen.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Redonthehead
Originally posted by Bowhunter4life
Not sure if I understand, but it seems two landowners have been gracious enough to grant a young hunter permission to hunt. Now you're thinking about taking others and charging fee-to-hunt? I think I know what would happen.
Exactly what I was thinkin....don't let a little greed ruin a good place to hunt....My advice would be to get a part time job to make spare money. I guess I'm too stingy with a good hunting spot...I might take a buddy hunting once in awhile, someone I know won't go back without me, or go talk to the landowner about hunting there.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was already talking to the landowner about it. He said he wouldnt mind as long as it wasnt to many. I was only think about 1 or maybe 2 a year, i wasnt exzactley serious but its what i want to do for a job. I would love to be a guide.i was just thinking about it not real real serious. Its not that im greedy i just thought it would be a good way to do it. I mean if i need a few more does klled or a cull buck, like i said if it happens it will happen at a later date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.