Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by ****s Sporting Goods on the way home from work and picked up the one and only type of D-String that they carried. I'm not to pleased with the diameter of it. It seems way to small. I put it on by the picture on the package which by the way was the only directions that came with it. I used a lighter to melt a small knob on each tag end. It's a good thing too. Once I started pulling it tight the whole cord started slipping and then stopped on the knob. I have pulled it back with my release and it is just a bit different. The ARROW length of pull is 1/4 inch shorter now. Should I go with this diameter of cord or try and find something thicker. I'm just not that cool with this one.

Attachments

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
Lotsa folks make their knots, not completely tight yet and make the loop lots smaller than you want.
Then, take needlenose pliers, closed, put the plier tip in the loop and pry the loop larger by opening
the pliers.

Prolly not the best explanation.. :bangin:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Mailman, word of advice....The way you have yours tied is exactly how I had mine to start. I began getting "nock pinch". It doesn't happen to everyone but if it does, let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it. GOOD LUCK, these things are the way to go!!

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Mailman, it looks right to me. From the pic you posted, it looks good. That string size is the same size as release rope. You won't have any trouble with it. The only thing that troubles me slightly is the brass nock point. But I was always worried about the 2-3 ft per sec that nock point robbed me of. It's probably not a problem.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Good job Mailman.

You are old school, I like that. Just couldn't leave the nocking point off could ya? ;) As far as the diameter, it looks good. I believe that is the same thing I have on mine, cept it came off a big :***: spool at the archery shop.

·
Registered
70,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DSG...I thought about taking off the nock but a picture on line that I found had this exact same set up. So....thought I'd try it out and if I get what cfdjay said about nock pinch off it comes. And as for being robbed of 2 to 3 fps... that is the least of my worries. I just don't want this thing going off when it's not supposed to. I'm going to try both my wrist caliper release and my ANTIQUE Hot Shot and see which I like best. I'm leaning towards the Hot Shot because I still think OLD can still be good at times. Now.....Off to work I go....stay cool today.

·
Registered
70,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked out the draw length by having the wife mark on the arrow while I was at full draw exactly where the prong rest touches the arrow shaft. It turns out that my draw length is 3/8 of an inch longer from the bow string than it is when attached to the new D-String. I was RIGHT all along. So I will loose just a few fps to the shorter draw back on the D-String. Probably not enough to make that much difference.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.