I thought I heard, osama, i mean obama..

Discussion in 'Politics ......... (OPT IN)' started by Rebel2, May 29, 2009.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    ..was not actually born in the states?

aint that a prerequisite to be prez?

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

3. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

pretty old news. But Pretty sure ol hillary would have played that card hard during the primaries if there was anything to it.

4. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    he says he was born in hawaii but nothing has been proven either way, there still has not been a birth certificate brought forth

5. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Not saying he was or wasn't, but if he was then it shouldn't be an issue to prove it. The problem was people didn't care. They want "change" and were willing to accept anyone that promised that. I'm actually surprised Billary didn't have him knocked off anyway.

6. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    i believe if you snopes it they have a copy of the birth certificate.

hey he was a teacher.....and a community organizer....and a senator for two years of which most of that was spent voting present or campaigning for president....so why would I be bitter or have sour grapes that the ignorant majority of so called Americans voted him in...

7. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    [rquote=1279553&tid=89538&author=Rebel]..was not actually born in the states?

aint that a prerequisite to be prez?[/rquote]

:stirpot:

8. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I cant believe there isnt a formal procedure where the president has to prove his eligibity on all levels... I mean, age, citizenship, etc thats required.

If he DID do that, the media should have picked it up and ran with it to quell all the rumors prior to the election.

Or, maybe its smart that they didnt make a deal of it prior to OR now.

Who knows... whether or not hes a citizen wouldnt have mattered to the folks that voted for him.

Gotta realize, the vote wasnt so much about change or anything else barack promised as much as it was a vote AGAINST McCain, Palin (who got unduly villified during the election) and the evil bush regime (which was effectively connected to mccain/palin by the media and others).
    Mickey Mouse could have won as far as the folks that voted were concerned.

10. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Not to mention the race card too rat :cheers:

11. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

12. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    McCain is a citizen,born in Panama Canal but not a natural born citizen

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1279624&tid=89538&author=Rebel]Not to mention the race card too rat :cheers:[/rquote]
    I never mentioned race at all although I think it may have played a part certainly.
    And there is nothing wrong with mentioning that either.

The historical significance of our contry's first african/american president is something a lot of people got caught up in and with good reason.

Now, whether some people voted based SOLELY on race and nothing else, I cant say.
    If that WAS the case, I think its sad that folks didnt take the time to consider the issues.

Course I also think its sad that 10bagillion more people voted for the next american idol than voted in our presidential election.
    Go figure.

14. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1279635&tid=89538&author=rat][rquote=1279624&tid=89538&author=Rebel]Not to mention the race card too rat :cheers:[/rquote]
    I never mentioned race at all although I think it may have played a part certainly.
    And there is nothing wrong with mentioning that either.

The historical significance of our contry's first african/american president is something a lot of people got caught up in and with good reason.

Now, whether some people voted based SOLELY on race and nothing else, I cant say.
    If that WAS the case, I think its sad that folks didnt take the time to consider the issues.

Course I also think its sad that 10bagillion more people voted for the next american idol than voted in our presidential election.
    Go figure. [/rquote]

Yep, I agree..

and obviously i cant 100% say, but ill 99.9% say yes many people voted for him just because of race.. on the same token, people prolly didnt vote for him for the same reasons..prolly more for then against.. but eh.. i dont got the digits to prove it either way :shrug:

15. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

[rquote=1279582&tid=89538&author=20 feet high]i....so why would I be bitter or have sour grapes that the ignorant majority of so called Americans voted him in...[/rquote]

You shouldn't unless your one of the nuts that feels a democracy only works when it does things their way. Its funny to read the drivle posted by those who claim to love this democracy but only when things are done their way.

:cheers::cheers:

16. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1279670&tid=89538&author=henry][rquote=1279582&tid=89538&author=20 feet high]i....so why would I be bitter or have sour grapes that the ignorant majority of so called Americans voted him in...[/rquote]

You shouldn't unless your one of the nuts that feels a democracy only works when it does things their way. Its funny to read the drivle posted by those who claim to love this democracy but only when things are done their way.

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

Much like aprs in the credit card industry.. when its in THEIR favor do they say thank you? Noooop

When its not are they mad........

Yeppppppppppppppp

17. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    McCain should be considered a natural-born citizen IMHO. He was born on a military base in the Panama Canal. Military bases as far as I'm concerned are U.S. property. I know the laws say he is just a citizen, but that man has given this country more then most of us will ever be able to.

18. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    [rquote=1279682&tid=89538&author=kc704]McCain should be considered a natural-born citizen IMHO. He was born on a military base in the Panama Canal. Military bases as far as I'm concerned are U.S. property. I know the laws say he is just a citizen, but that man has given this country more then most of us will ever be able to.[/rquote]

Agreed,just seein if anybody would bite

19. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1279675&tid=89538&author=Rebel][rquote=1279670&tid=89538&author=henry][rquote=1279582&tid=89538&author=20 feet high]i....so why would I be bitter or have sour grapes that the ignorant majority of so called Americans voted him in...[/rquote]

Much like aprs in the credit card industry.. when its in THEIR favor do they say thank you? Noooop

Yeppppppppppppppp[/rquote]

have you read the 5000 year leap, it is an excell read and maybe everyone including our prs, house, senate should read it and see how sensible our founding fathers were and how far removed from their work we have become? this country was founded on small govt not big, and how much bigger do you think it will get with the current leader. larger govt = less freedom.

20. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

[rquote=1279698&tid=89538&author=20 feet high][rquote=1279675&tid=89538&author=Rebel][rquote=1279670&tid=89538&author=henry][rquote=1279582&tid=89538&author=20 feet high]i....so why would I be bitter or have sour grapes that the ignorant majority of so called Americans voted him in...[/rquote]

Yeppppppppppppppp[/rquote]

have you read the 5000 year leap, it is an excell read and maybe everyone including our prs, house, senate should read it and see how sensible our founding fathers were and how far removed from their work we have become? this country was founded on small govt not big, and how much bigger do you think it will get with the current leader. larger govt = less freedom.[/rquote]

This country was small when it was originally governed. The constitution was constructed so it could have ammendments added to allow for the growth in size and complexity this country was bound to under go. The bill of rights was constructed to protect the minority from the majority. Outside the bill of rights that shall not be infringed on the majority rule is the law of the land. Your professing the greatness of the struture of our governement while trying to undermine the very essence of it. The voters have spoken. Get over it.

:cheers::cheers: