I think I saw a shooter...maybe

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by HabitatMD, Nov 8, 2010.

1. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    I had a fantastic night in the stand. Saw 11 deer. Two hot does pulling some bucks around. Couldn't really tell what they were. Then right at dark, I see one come up from the bottoms. He sniffs me. Then right at really dark, here comes one down the edge of the plot. He gets 20 yards away and what must have been downwind. I can tell it is a real big bodied deer and he has some nice head gear. I gave Gary my binoculars to scout from the shed. Sure wish I was had them. Darn camera's flash didn't go off or I'd probably have a picture of him.

Crying shame it wasn't 15 minutes earlier. :whinging: Pretty sure he was worth a sticking.

Crapping South wind is tough.

I'll have to post some pictures later of the button buck that bedded down 20 yards away in the plot.

2. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    sounds like a decent hunt though...I had to totally switch stands this morning and last night due to the south wind...Getting tired of it being this hot every year around this time

3. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    NIce...maybe he'll be earlier tomorrow morn.

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had that south wind blowing all afternoon yesterday and right at dusk, it quit. I was hoping something would come by, but it wasn't happening.

At least you're seeing some there Dan.:cheers: