Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1561076&tid=108574&author=Doemaster]Well i read any precious metal works so go for it!!!!![/rquote]

just go with Nickel or Stainless Steel...:pop:

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
[rquote=1561087&tid=108574&author=Cook]or this[/rquote]

Does that one belong to a guy from TN, or is it yours? I've seen one almost identical to that one, a BR shooter from TN had it some years ago, in one of the .300 mag wildcats (.300 Baer, maybe or a .300 Kong, can't remember which) He finally quit shooting when he'd won all the shoots he could win, said it got too easy for him. Last I'd heard, he'd given up his rifles and got into raising wallabies (those little kangaroos). Interesting guy......

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
He was trying to sell that rig of his, I think he wanted $3500 or $4000, I just can't recall now (eight or nine years ago). I can't even recall his name, dangit, but he'd won a bunch of BR shoots in the SE.

I kept thinking that aluminum stock wouldn't be fun to shoot in cold weather......................

·
Under appreciated
91,780 Posts
[rquote=1561065&tid=108574&author=Doemaster]why not coat our guns in gold? therefore they will not rust! :claphands:[/rquote]
Lecture on::

Gold is actually a terrible solution. Besides cost, gold would not be nearly as durable as conventional coatings or design materials.

The best solution for rust is diligent and proper care of the firearm which should be the case no matter what material from which it is made.

Lecture off. :hysterical:

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
[rquote=1561218&tid=108574&author=rat][rquote=1561065&tid=108574&author=Doemaster]why not coat our guns in gold? therefore they will not rust! :claphands:[/rquote]

Gold is actually a terrible solution. Besides cost, gold would not be nearly as durable as conventional coatings or design materials.

The best solution for rust is diligent and proper care of the firearm which should be the case no matter what material from which it is made.

Lecture off. :hysterical:[/rquote]

not to mention it would clash with the diamonds in my teef:D

·
Under appreciated
91,780 Posts
[rquote=1561220&tid=108574&author=Jeremy][rquote=1561218&tid=108574&author=rat][rquote=1561065&tid=108574&author=Doemaster]why not coat our guns in gold? therefore they will not rust! :claphands:[/rquote]

not to mention it would clash with the diamonds in my teef:D[/rquote]
I actually just had a gold crown installed last week but there werent no care instructions passed along. :D
Thinking about having my hole front grill chromed and getting me one of them big clocks to hang around my neck and what-not... just like flava flav. :superman: :bowing:

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
[rquote=1561227&tid=108574&author=rat][rquote=1561220&tid=108574&author=Jeremy][rquote=1561218&tid=108574&author=rat][rquote=1561065&tid=108574&author=Doemaster]why not coat our guns in gold? therefore they will not rust! :claphands:[/rquote]

not to mention it would clash with the diamonds in my teef:D[/rquote]
I actually just had a gold crown installed last week but there werent no care instructions passed along. :D
Thinking about having my hole front grill chromed and getting me one of them big clocks to hang around my neck and what-not... just like flava flav. :superman: :bowing:[/rquote]

I only got $18 or so for a gold crown I had to have removed a few months ago...cashed that in on a cold 30 pack to help with the pain and suffering...

I'm much better now!

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
If you were lookin to make that gun an electrical conductor that gold is the best. That's why most computers componets are made of gold.

·
Under appreciated
91,780 Posts
[rquote=1561279&tid=108574&author=ducks1]If you were lookin to make that gun an electrical conductor that gold is the best. That's why most computers componets are made of gold. [/rquote]
Everyone can use an electric gun! Never thought about that upside ducks. :eek::

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.