Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being one Handed all I really need is a Hoist to get a Deer in my Pickup. I already have a Hoist at the House to raise my Deer and I don't think it would be that hard to fix up something like I do with Hogs. Right now using a Come Along to Skin Hogs.

Any way I think this isn't what I need and is Overpriced https://www.cabelas.com/product/Koola-Buck-The-Hide-Ripper/2560711.uts

oneshot

:D Oh just leave the Hide on for the Big Grin.

· Registered
376 Posts
We got one last year and I would say it worked “ok”. The main vertical post needs to be taller for larger deer. The cable you attach to the hide is very stiff and slips off. I think after some more trial and error we’ll get a more efficient system dialed in.

· Registered
621 Posts
We used to hang them on a big oak limb and skin a bit of neck back and then tie a golf ball or rock in the hide with a rope and attach the other end to the hitch on your bumper. Slit up each leg before pulling, worked great. We now have a butcher friend who treats us very good.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We used to hang them on a big oak limb and skin a bit of neck back and then tie a golf ball or rock in the hide with a rope and attach the other end to the hitch on your bumper. Slit up each leg before pulling, worked great. We now have a butcher friend who treats us very good.
I tried this once and it didn't work for some reason.

I just need one of those hoist to load it. I already have a hoist at the house and think I can rig up something to pull the hide, then pull my Lawn Mower with small Trailer and Ice Chest under it to debone it. Then haul it to the house.

oneshot

:D Just let the Big Grin pull on it.

· Registered
218 Posts
That is my go to method for skinning a deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.