Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Well what do you know! I could have swore that I had read at least ten times in the last week that we needed to be more like Iowa.:rof2:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Currently, the buck harvest is running ahead of the doe harvest, like years past."

:rof2:I love it!:rof2:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
They've still got more mature bucks to choose from!!!:stirpot::wave:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
I hate to say it but with all this QDM stuff and how to produce bigger bucks and better deer herds and we need to be like IL & IA I truly think I might be dumber than I was before.:shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
[rquote=1496930&tid=104474&author=GoGop]But only if you know their birthdays. ;) :D[/rquote]

That's the only way you can accurately determine thier real age before releasing an arrow :scared:

Heaven forbid I shoot a 2.5 year old that I thought was 3.5. I have to mark their b-days on the calender, just in case they grow up and have some potential so I can harvest them when they are ripe and not prematurely :D

I just incorportated topics in 16 different threads in one single post :whistle:

I know, I know :bowing::bowing::bowing: :trophy:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
[rquote=1497036&tid=104474&author=BioBuck][rquote=1496930&tid=104474&author=GoGop]But only if you know their birthdays. ;) :D[/rquote]

That's the only way you can accurately determine thier real age before releasing an arrow :scared:

Heaven forbid I shoot a 2.5 year old that I thought was 3.5. I have to mark their b-days on the calender, just in case they grow up and have some potential so I can harvest them when they are ripe and not prematurely :D

I just incorportated topics in 16 different threads in one single post :whistle:

I know, I know :bowing::bowing::bowing: :trophy:[/rquote]

I have heard you are an over achiever.:hysterical::rof2::peepwall:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I kinda wonder why they are able to stay in business tho? Hmmm. I imagine that if MO was so bad they would have a hard time getting repeat customers. Fact is MO is awesome for deer hunting. Take that!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I agree that MO is a better than average deer hunting state when you're looking at numbers of deer. But when trying to compare the number of mature deer (especially bucks), IMO Missouri really falls down the list - primarily because of the timing of the gun season. But that's another thread that certainly does not need to be revisited anymore.

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
"I just incorportated topics in 16 different threads in one single post "
Toss in a mention of AR's and you've got it covered.:wave:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,973 Posts
Personally, while I know the difference between horns & antlers.... I don't give a flyin rat's butt if someone wants to say that buck has a nice set of horns..... I mean, let's be honest, we know what they mean..... And, it's kinda slang for antlers anyway.... You know, deerbonics......:D

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like "minis" and "nubins".:claphands:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
#7 all time and #3 in the last 2 years.:thinking:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,973 Posts
[rquote=1497087&tid=104474&author=hun10]Like "minis" and "nubins".:claphands:[/rquote]

Ya, I reckon we need to start up a deerbonics dictionary, and maybe start teaching it in schools.....

I mean, what exactly qualifies a buck, as a TOAD?

How bout nuttinbuck..... That's one DWD & I use all da time...:D

You know, he was just a lil ole nuttinbuck.... I don't think that needs a lot of splaining.....:shrug:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Monster, Pig, Hog/Hawg all need to go in their as well.:cheers::claphands:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
[rquote=1497086&tid=104474&author=callaojoe]Personally, while I know the difference between horns & antlers.... I don't give a flyin rat's butt if someone wants to say that buck has a nice set of horns..... I mean, let's be honest, we know what they mean..... And, it's kinda slang for antlers anyway.... You know, deerbonics......:D[/rquote]

Deerbonics:rof2: I love it:hysterical:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts