I need to find a small claims lawyer

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Joeyman, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Joeyman

Joeyman New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    does anyone know where i can go for a free consultation on a small claims matter? I need some help

2. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    [rquote=1887672&tid=131509&author=Joeyman]does anyone know where i can go for a free consultation on a small claims matter? I need some help[/rquote]

I don't believe the courts in KS allow attorneys to be present for small claims court...but if you're going for just a consultation then any good civil attorney should work...but I'm guessing it won't be free:shrug:

3. Joeyman

Joeyman New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    i called a place $500-$1000 is what they charged.

was trying to see if their was free consultation somewhere i can go.

4. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

In St. Loo, the county court may well have a web-site where they walk you through it.
    There are rules to follow. Winning doesn't guarantee judgement... that's usually lawsuit #2.
    It's why folks get away with so much (if they're bad actors). They know the hassle factor outweighs the benefits of suing and winning, usually.

5. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    I know tons of lawyers, each with his own specialty. Criminal defense, divorce, real eastate, wills etc.. U2U me with what this is regarding so I can shoot you in the right direction. I'm in st louis too.

6. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    My friend from high schools dad used to be the Gasconade County Judge. Would he be someone who could help you?

7. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    what did u do

8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    doubt you find one for small cliams court free. their return won't be big enough

9. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    I sued my home builder in small claims court about 5 years ago. It's a pretty simple process. Go to your county courthouse and they will walk you thru it.