Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering replacing my old buckmaster after this season. I bought this bow new in 2000. I read every review I could find and every review said this was the absolute best bow in its price ranger(cheap). However this time I would like to find something better than the best of the low end. I know everybody has a brand choice but where do I start? Currently I am shooting [email protected]". I am looking for a hunting bow I rarely shoot 3D. I know personal comfort is a big factor but what else should I look for in a new bow?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
A draw cycle and a back wall that you're comfortable with, along with the overall feel.

My buddy has the same bow, and he knows there's bows out there that are 'better' but their price tag keeps him shooting the same thing, and he has a lot of success with his.

Parker

·
Registered
69,798 Posts
Pay a visit to B&B Archery in Raytown. They have different bows already set up that you test out. Just tell them what you are looking for in a bow. They will take care of you and are one of the best shops in the area.

B & B Archery Sales and Service

8709 Booth
Kansas City, MO 64138

816-763-2699

Hoyt - BowTech - Martin

Oneida - Parker

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Hoyt has some mid-range line of bows out right now that are supposed to be really good. I think one is the Turbohawk and the other is the Superhawk. Bow-Tech made one called the Tomkat that seemed to perform really well for the money also.

And I secone Mailman. Go to BB in Raytown.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I like a good narrow grip , smooth draw cycle , 7" or better brace height, along with reasonable speed .
Mathews ,Mission, Hoyt , Bowtech , Diamond , Ross ,High Country,PSE , etc. all make good bows . The list goes on . Pick the bow that fits you and your budget and you shoot best with .
Don't follow the hype of any particular brand or model . Go to several proshops and shoot as many bows as you can before choosing one that YOU like best.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought a PSE stinger this year. Bare bow when I bought was $279, I hear they`re closer to $200 now. I haven`t ever shot a high end bow, but this bow ROCKS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts