Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
just a no body
15,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it appears that several of you all use GPS's. I'v gotten a couple of offers to buy some older Magellans but I dont "know" these people.

Altho in reality I dont know you all I have more trust.

any of you guys want/need an up grade??

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
bean pile I have an old Magellen, one of the first generation.... I can't remember the model number. Are you looking for some thing super inexpensive ?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Look on Ebay there are a ton there for little or nothing depending on your top dollar.

·
19,585 Posts
I would, but then I'd have to learn the new one all over again... :banghead:

But, seriously ~ have you considered buying a refurbished GPS unit?

I don't know if it's refurbished, but the local Wally World has a Magellan Meridian Gold for $200. If you're interested, I'd have to check to see if they still have it.

That's a good deal, by the way...depending on how far you'd have to drive. Savings on the GPS would more than likely be spent on gas, though... :roll2:

·
just a no body
15,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Why are you saying used.. ?? Whats your top dollar you want to spend??
I really dont want to spend more than $100. I realize ther are some bottom line ones out there for that much.But maybe I can get something with more Bells & whitsles for that. Like I'v said ther are a couple of offers I'v had from guy that I really dont know but they have older magellans 2000's for about $50.
I just dont see myself using the things its like cellphones my life is not that complicated & I go where I know (except this Elk trip)..I dont have a cell phone either and dont see a need for them either. it was like pullin teeth to get to use a micro wave.

YEP I'm the Hillbilly type ..Chairmans avatar is really a computer generated image of me :D
Chairman I dont know wher to buy the "refurbished" ones Probably no where near where I live.

·
just a no body
15,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:eek:saw a piece on lost unclaimed airline baggage and they mentioned a store in Alabama that sells the stuff..Checked it out and Bingo found what I was looking for.

Granted ther is a bit of a risk but hey thats life :wink4:went to the Garmin website & downloaded the owners manual

OBTW it was a Garmin 76 cS for $150

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile
:eek:saw a piece on lost unclaimed airline baggage and they mentioned a store in Alabama that sells the stuff..Checked it out and Bingo found what I was looking for.

Granted ther is a bit of a risk but hey thats life :wink4:went to the Garmin website & downloaded the owners manual

OBTW it was a Garmin 76 cS for $150
You're gonna leave us hanging without telling us the site?!?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Actually beanpile is looking for a GPS in hopes that his Chiefs might be able to find their way to a Super Bowl............they've tried everything else and can't get it done.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

(sorry beanpile, just couldn't resist!) :D

·
just a no body
15,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Actually beanpile is looking for a GPS in hopes that his Chiefs might be able to find their way to a Super Bowl............they've tried everything else and can't get it done.

I can appreciate that coment and I cant say I totally disagree

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn

I can appreciate that coment and I cant say I totally disagree
:cheers: Glad to see you are a good sport about it. The folks over at "Chiefs Planet" aren't usually so appreciative of things like that. :D

·
just a no body
15,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chiefs planet sucks there's a guy over ther named Phobia..he's a ****cheese

he's tried toget the Coalition & the Planet to partner up on somethings...we'r too busy is the standard reply

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I used to know Phobs pretty well beanpile. He was always good to me. I think maybe success kinda went to his head though. The place is a sewer now a days inhabited pretty much by punk kids. Sad.

·
just a no body
15,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
phobia just seemed to rub everybody wrong with his comments...

we'v gotten several transplants from the Planet that say the same thing about it..we all are an off shootof the KCSTAR forum..it got too be very a bad place so a few of us started our own Happy Place

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
It's a small world. I was one of those "almost" original Star board posters. I jumped on board there in about 97 I guess it was. It was a pretty fun place for the first few years there. Maybe we crossed paths! :cheers:

·
just a no body
15,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it was 2001 before I got to the Star but you'rd probably remember some of our people from back then..click my sig & come visit our forum..

tell em OT sent ya

1 - 20 of 20 Posts