Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can admire other ppls turkeys:rotfl: this mornin I went to hunt and as I was gettin ready to walk in another truck pulled up. a quick converstation about where they was planing to hunt, which happened to be where I planed on hunting so I took the other side of the road. as I pulled out my gun and started walking I heard an off hand comment about my old, beat up shotgun. I rescued this old shotgun from a uncle, it used to be my papas. my uncle forgot about it:mad: and had left it in a closet in the basement. it took about a can of wd-40 to get it good again. it a old sears robuck 3 inch magnum with a set modified choke and it can put down the birds at 15 yards:D

p.s I made sure to shake some feathers off in the parking lot :***:

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
High Standard Supermatic shotguns, one of, if not THE, first gas operated shotguns made, and pretty fair shotguns for most uses, even today. Looks like it still works pretty good, too:eek:.
I think the 3 1/2" 12 gauge is kinda silly;).

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont get me wrong I would love to have a 3 1/2 but thats the second bird that I knocked down with that gun and theres no telling how many it has taken out before. it just irked me that they made the comment. he said it just loud enough for me to hear but directed it to his buddy. I thought of hiding near the road and waiting for them to return then walk out of the woods carrying the bird:rotfl: it is a nice shotgun though, still needs some more work, but I figured my papa used it to hunt so if I should also.

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Google up High Standard Collectors, or some variation of that, you might be able to scrounge up some info on them. They were first made in the late '50s or early '60s, I think, they are in the '61 Gun Digest, anyway, both as HS and JCHiggins. They were discontinued around the mid '70s, I think. There was a real neat bullpup model for cops, the Model 10, that got some press around that time, it had a built-in flashlight on it, pretty weird looking..

·
19,583 Posts
Congrat's, Chuck88... :cheers:

I pulled out my gun and started walking I heard an off hand comment about my old, beat up shotgun.

I thought of hiding near the road and waiting for them to return then walk out of the woods carrying the bird

p.s I made sure to shake some feathers off in the parking lot
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
:cheers: Remember it's not the gun but the person behind it that matters the most!

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
:cheers:

i once heard of an old boy that had a shotgun with a bent barrel. the guy duck hunted with it and knocked down ducks regularly. everyone gave him a hard time for shooting the thing. he finally got the money up for a new barrel and couldn't hit squat with it. put the bent barrel back on and continued his carnage. the history of that gun makes it worth more than any 3 1/2 shotgun. i wouldn't give nothing for one anyway.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Originally posted by chuck88
I can admire other ppls turkeys:rotfl: this mornin I went to hunt and as I was gettin ready to walk in another truck pulled up. a quick converstation about where they was planing to hunt, which happened to be where I planed on hunting so I took the other side of the road. as I pulled out my gun and started walking I heard an off hand comment about my old, beat up shotgun...

p.s I made sure to shake some feathers off in the parking lot :***:
Nothing like rubbing a butt-h***s nose in it. That's a fine bird. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.