I might actually get to.

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by Longbow26, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    I might actualy get to go fishing in a boat. My friend just baught a 12 foot v botom alunamin boat for 150.00 on saterday. It came with a 20 power troling moter as well. As sone as we are able to get a baterry for it and a plug for drain hole we are going to go for waht will be my maiden voyage in a smalll boat. I cant waight. And once we get the other stuff neaded like life jakets anker and anything else thatn is mandatory to have ina boat that size.

2. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

paddle and a whistle of some kind is what youll need to get along with the life jackets. have fun i use to have a 14 and had lots of fun with it on small waters. easy to carry around and fit in the back of the truck

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Thats a steal if its in good shape. Good buy! Now, get that battery, get those lifeys and start crappie fishing in the spring! I know some very nice out of the way public areas that we KILL on crappie most every year. I'd be happy to share info (unlike a lot of crappie guys)... I fish mostly in mid mo though..

4. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    nothin mentioned about a cooler.............for the fish that is.:D

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Oh, two coolers then! I forgot:whip:

6. pa_yote_hunter

pa_yote_hunter New Member

Oct 15, 2005
    Polk County, MO
    havnt been fishing in awhile.....i cant wait till i get back out on the water

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    you-n-me both. Out of crappie now and going through withdrawals.

8. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    caught a nice mess of bass a couple of weeks ago....needless to say I'm ready for some more filets.

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    UR a catchin fool! I have you to thank for my largest MO bass and a quality guided deerhunt this past fall. U Da MAN!

10. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    Thats nothin wait till you get the gobbler special.......topped off if fresh morals, fillets, t-breast.....man oh man. I'll tell you now you wont be the same.

:cheers::banana::banana:

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Wouldnt miss it for the world and cant wait! Bird or no bird, I bet we cut yet another chapter to remember this spring :banana:

12. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    They are catching the CRAP........pie out of crappie at the Lake of the Ozarks south of Stover. Just pull along side the docks and fish just above the crappie beds with a light colored plastic jig and start pulling in the 13 &14 inchers. My buddy that lives down there was out with his son for 2 hours and caught their 30 of the big ones. They pulled out 3 or 4 at each dock. Word to the wise...don't get "ON" the dock just fish from your boat just a bit away from it. It you are on their dock you are trespassing. A slip bobber works great.

13. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit

One of them new plastic beer bottles would make a good drain plug. Stick it in the hole and put your foot on it. Then ya know your a redneck:hysterical::hysterical:

MoBowman ```---------->

14. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Took the boat out today on friends friends pond. It leaks areoudn teh seams alittel bit, but not bad enouf to build water up on botom of boat. We found a pluf to fit it and that area was dry. The trolign moter we got with boat dint work so my friend padeld us around teh 5 acer lake. I had a couple of bites on the troute magnet but was not able to set the hoke. We ahd teh boat in water for 3 hrs and did not sink so tomarow we are goign to go to state park, and see if the crapies are biting there. No docks to fish around so we will just padle out and then drift i guess. Eather way it gets me out of the house some. I picked up soem of theose crapie nugets to put on teh hock wiht jigs will see hwo that works.