Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

i know this has been brought up..........

880 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  pinwheel 
#1 ·
before but couldnt remember. If i would go and buy clover and oats from the co-op would that grow the same and have the same results as stuff i could buy at the store?

#3 ·
Hey Scott, I have had good results with the coop style of clover and oats, in fact, Valley Park Elevator has Synergy clover and some bob oats from Stuttgart Arkansas that are real good. I would recommend those if you don't want to go the WTI and BFO route.

#4 ·
I don't see how you could go wrong with your local coop because they are going to sell seeds that have produced in your local area...I went with the local coop clover last year and they totally outgrew what I had bought from big name companies in the past.

#5 ·
That's the only way I buy seed. Those guys can also advise you on your fertilizer needs. Oats are good, but I would recomend adding another cereal grain like winter wheat or annual rye. The oats are going to freeze out this winter & you won't have them as a cover crop for your clover next spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.